Are there any emulators that don't pause when you switch windows?

Chrona

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have VBA set up with my 360 controller and disabled 'pause when inactive window', meaning I can browse or talk on msn while gaming without having to switch screens all the time. Is there any way to get this effect with any kind of SNES/N64/PS1/PS2 emulator? Thanks in advance

Also, while I'm here I might as well ask this - when I load up a game in VBA, my entire computer screen turns black for a second, as if it's switching displays for some reason. Does the same when I close the emulator, to switch back I guess. What exactly is it doing that for?

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
look at the setting of the emulator you are using as see if there is an option for "pause when inactive window' and change to what you like

some emulator might not have that option

check the properties of the exe for vba and see if you have compatibility mode set

Chrona

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Setting it to compatibility mode for XP service pack 3 seems to have fixed it, thanks :)

And I never actually tried running emulators before apart from VBA and some minor ePSXe, that's why I'm making the topic - figure you guys would know better than me which ones might have the option, rather than trial and error with a bunch of emulators I'd later have to delete

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The ST version honestly looks like they at least tried lol