Are there any efforts for cIOS59?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Zero, Nov 5, 2012.

Nov 5, 2012
  1. Zero
    OP

Banned Zero Belief will always save me

United States
    Any chance this will ever happen?

2. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    cIOS59? What would be the purpose? I mean you can already use showmii wads to install a cIOS into another slot but I'm not sure that's what your thinking.

3. SickPuppy

Member SickPuppy New Member

United States
    What do you need an cIOS59 for?

4. Maxternal

Member Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Costa Rica
    I think Dragon Quest X is the only game that needs IOS 59 and IOS 59 can ONLY be found on the game disk for THAT GAME. To make a cIOS for it you would first have to rip it from the disk with WiiXplorer or scrub it from the disk image. I have barely heard this game mentioned so I don't know how it would fair trying to run under other IOS but I'd kinda think there'd be problems. I assume the game was made with it's own IOS to avoid piracy in the first place.

You could always try to rename the WAD you get from the game disk as if it were 57 or something and try to convince a cIOS installer to patch it into a cIOS but no promises. I wouldn't even know if this would work with xNEEK. Someone with the game would have to try.

5. SickPuppy

Member SickPuppy New Member

United States
    oh, I was away from the scene for a while, didn't even realize there was an IOS59. I did see a Nintendo brand USB flash drive on the Japanese Nintendo web site but never thought that a new IOS was created to make it compatible.

http://onlineshop.nintendo.co.jp/shop/item_detail?item_id=862252

6. Maxternal

Member Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Costa Rica
    Just hearsay but I understand that Dragon Quest X uses a thumb drive so that could be the use of 59, yes.
    I kinda remember seeing on WiiBrew, though, that the other IOS with USB support (38, 57, 58 ...) also had modules for mass storage devices built in so if that's true, I'd guess 59 might have some added features to make them even easier to deal with.

What also comes to mind is that the Wii U will also have native USB support for game saves so that could be an added reason for Ninty starting to sell USB drives.