Are there any difference between the leaked mario party and the official release one?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by timmystar04, Oct 8, 2018.

1. timmystar04
    OP

timmystar04 Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Pretty much does anyone know if there is a difference between the leaked mario party and the 'new' one

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Couldn't tell ya, as my usual go-to site seems to be down. "Account suspended" is the HUGE error code on the screen.

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I would assume not. The leak is probably just a dump of the retail version from someone that got it early. My usual go-to doesn't get games in stock until a couple days ahead of release, but I saw that a big electronics store chain had it in stock weeks in advance on their online store. Of course, they wouldn't ship it that early, but someone on the inside could leak it.

4. Jasmin95

Jasmin95 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2018
    United States
    I noticed that the leaked version of Super Mario Party has already been bought / played / downloaded by a very large audience. Otherwise I don’t think there is a big difference between the leaked one and the real one, except the fact that the leaked version could only work on a hacked or modded Switch

5. Vic_Vinegar

Vic_Vinegar GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2018
    Canada
    Regarding the site you're talking about (wont mention them by name) I saw this on Reddit this morning.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHaxing/comments/9moghr/do_your_part/ (thread had since been deleted but you can still view it)

Not sure if the website was taken down because of this but i'm sure Nintendo has been eyeing them for a while

Edit - 11:41 AM: It appears "that" website will be back up soon as the error message has been replaced with a "BRB" message

Last edited by Vic_Vinegar, Oct 9, 2018