Are there any competitive Pokemon players who don't use hacked teams?

Deleted member 568892

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would assume that all competitive Pokemon players use hacked teams because it takes a long time to build a competitive team without hacking. Breeding egg moves, getting TR's, EV training and grinding to level 100. Even with the new IV training mechanics there are still cases where you want 0 IV's in attack and or speed because of trick room and Pokemon damaging themselves while confused.

I don't think it is wrong for players to use hacked Pokemon. They are simply saving their time. Only using illegal Pokemon like Huge Power Slaking is wrong.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You would be surprised. To a lot of people going through all the steps with breeding a perfect pokemon is big part of the fun. About the only thing I think many of them could be accused of would be the dittos themselves being possibly hacked. Not necessarily by them, as they could've traded for one not knowing of the legitimacy of course.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You don't think it's wrong for top players to use cheats?
So it also wouldn't be wrong for players to cheat their way onto the leaderboards?
Use cheats in speedruns or play cheated runs on ESA/AGDQ? or hell, for athletes to use doping at the olympics.

I mean why train? just inject some anabolics and pick up weights.
Every fool can do that! :')

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't think it's wrong for top players to use cheats?
So it also wouldn't be wrong for players to cheat their way onto the leaderboards?
Use cheats in speedruns or play cheated runs on ESA/AGDQ? or hell, for athletes to use doping at the olympics.

I mean why train? just inject some anabolics and pick up weights.
Every fool can do that! :')
I know you have a thing about cheats but can't resist.

There would be a difference between what is trivially doable. The challenge in pokemon competitive is not who can sit for 100 hours being bored by the random number generator* (it is not like you even have to press buttons quickly or do complicated calculations in real time in your head) but theoretically (I have my issues with pokemon competitive in implementation and execution in the real world deviating somewhat from ideals here so will pretend they are going for ideals rather than the stupidity of competition design I see) in either discovering a strategy nobody can easily counter with their setups (unlikely as the number of variables is effectively quite low, though the left field stuff discussed above with wanting some low stats for damage mitigation in some scenarios might be an example of one), or creating a setup that makes another team setup seen in another player harder to counter (pokemon being one of those rock-paper-scissors -- making a strength in one place makes a weakness in another and average does not win).

*though actually now I think about it a sort of blank start, 30 hours later we will compete thing a la coding contests, baking contests, some types of chess contests might be something.

Cheats are used in speedruns as well. Do any NES Mario players not use the thing that tells you the beat/hidden timer thing instead of score or whatever it was? The key seems to be does it have an unacceptable impact on the matter at hand or reduce from skills required? This is also not getting into cheats used to make things viable, and others for things to train up on.

As far as steroids then the original reason was they tended to wreck bodies of those doing them above and beyond even what the baseline sport called for, even more so when you get the little arms race going on, which is generally a bad look. Personally I would be all for a league wherein the finest chemists do their work and seeing the results of that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: Supposedly Bank isn't going down.