Hacking Are there any action replay or game genie homebrew apps?

Blasingame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm want to use cheats on Metroid Prime Gamecube to unlock the Metroid Fusion suit and classic metroid. Are there any homebrew apps or channels that work with inject cheats into gamecube games or any games at all?

Thanks.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
homebrew no... but if you have a modded or softmodded wii you can download action replay for the gamecube off the net and use that if you downgraded your mios to an older version....

-kitt050383

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blasingame said:
I'm want to use cheats on Metroid Prime Gamecube to unlock the Metroid Fusion suit and classic metroid. Are there any homebrew apps or channels that work with inject cheats into gamecube games or any games at all?

Thanks.

Action reply

Blasingame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kitt050383 said:
homebrew no... but if you have a modded or softmodded wii you can download action replay for the gamecube off the net and use that if you downgraded your mios to an older version....

-kitt050383

I use the 3.2U firmware and my Wii has HBC and STarfall installed, so softmodding would be downgrading firmware and burn a copy of AR and run it on a loader channel?

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you would just be downgrading the mios for the gamecube operation...
you have to follow the guide for the gamecube backup loader... install the earliest mios version possible...
-kitt050383

Blasingame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kitt050383 said:
you would just be downgrading the mios for the gamecube operation...
you have to follow the guide for the gamecube backup loader... install the earliest mios version possible...
-kitt050383

Seems like a huge roundabout process, but I guess that is the only available process at this time.

Edit: I think I found my solution with this.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gamecube_Saver

Rainy

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh...I got it but nothing i seem to do works. And im the only person i know who cant get this working!

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've tried that a few times, I've also tried V5 and v8 and using GeckoOS to boot it. However I've yet to try going up to 3.4U and then changing the MIOS back to v4 and trying, except I don't want to do that since its a waste of time when I can just pull out my Gamecube instead.

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I had MiOS v4 installed (which gives me back the ability to play Action Replay)
Then I installed the gamecube backup launcher and I can no longer play action replay.

If I reinstall the MiOS v4, will it nullify the ability to play GC backups?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm