Are the transfer speeds on the micro sd adapters supposed to be this bad?

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by lukasic, Sep 2, 2013.

1. lukasic
    OP

lukasic Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2012
    Hueco Mundo
    I bought an used PSP 3003(they said 3004,but w/e) it has no stratches it looks like new....It came with a micro sd to memory duo with a class 4 4gb memory card...The transfer speeds are awful,i'm talking about 4 mb/s when copying over to psp from PC....I recall my old PSP transfers being much faster,and a class 4 16 gb on my S4 is a lot faster....The SD is a verbatim btw...

2. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    That is correct speed.

Those adapters translate MSPD signal to SD signal back and forward, which is why it is that slow.

3. lukasic
    OP

lukasic Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2012
    Hueco Mundo
    Will it affect actual gameplay on the PSP?If not,i'll get a 16 gb stick tommorow....Not sure if it can support a whole 16 gb though,it's some brand called MAXmemory,never heard of it.....

4. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    Don't know, cause I tried such adapter before, and it fried my microSD card alone with it. Most people seem okay with it.

I personally stick to real MSPD card. I'm using 2x Lexar 32 GB MSPD card right now.

5. lukasic
    OP

lukasic Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2012
    Hueco Mundo
    Damn...Guess i'll risk it then,it's not like memory sticks are expensive right now...Thanks,....

6. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    I would prefer to play it safe and just buy a 32GB memory stick, like trumpet said, those adapters can fry your microSD card/s.

7. Kouen Hasuki

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    Personally ive never had issues with my photofast 5200 (genuine) and 2x16gb class 6 sandisk cards but I can only speak for myself

8. cefca

cefca Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2006
    United States
    never had any problems with my micro SD adapters and i'm constantly copying files on/off of them for years. micro SD memory is too cheap nowadays not to get one

9. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    What do you do for a living again ?

Seems weird for one to have such knowledge…