Hacking Are the same languages available for each region?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
In apps such as AnyRegionChanger, you can change your language, but only a handful of those are available in System Settings. For example, my USA Wii (4.1U) offers English, French, and Spanish. Could I change it to Japanese using ARC without causing problems?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No they are not the same. Each system menu only supports a set of languages, games only support certain languages. Example ntsc-jap system menu can not load ssbb-pal because the game does not support jap. Example ntsc-usa will not load korean language, giving black screen or colored lines if the language is set to kor on a usa menu. There was a thread a long time ago on gba that detailed what region settings each menu supported, it was awhile ago. If the language is not supported my the menu, the menu will not load. Also of note, if the game region is not supported by the menu games will not load, example

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
No they are not the same. Each system menu only supports a set of languages, games only support certain languages. Example ntsc-jap system menu can not load ssbb-pal because the game does not support jap. Example ntsc-usa will not load korean language, giving black screen or colored lines if the language is set to kor on a usa menu. There was a thread a long time ago on gba that detailed what region settings each menu supported, it was awhile ago. If the language is not supported my the menu, the menu will not load. Also of note, if the game region is not supported by the menu games will not load, example

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: