Are the old threads ever coming back?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Veho, Nov 20, 2009.

Nov 20, 2009
  1. Veho
    OP

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Some time ago, in order to lighten the load on the servers (it was some popular release or other), older threads got scrapped. "Moved for safe keeping." Gutted like a fish. Now they are empty. Only thing that remains of them is the thread title and the number of replies it had, and that's it. You can still reply in them though, and then they get locked for necrobumping.

They were supposed to return once the noob flood had subsided, but it never happened. There's a forum archive (not available at the moment), but it doesn't overlap with the "active" base, so there's a whole bunch of threads hanging in limbo, neither here nor there, inaccessible.

My question is, are they going to be restored, either in the "active" forum or in the archive, or are they gone for good?

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I would like to see them return and also I'd like the archive to come back. Would be a shame to see some of those classic Testing Area threads go especially now that the EoF is at its all time low.

3. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    you guys need to disable more stuff the site is still slow. like disable the dot?. it'll be fast for about 5 mins than it hits a wall and stop nothing will load and have to hammer the fuck out of thread to even get them to open.

4. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    +1, I want them back too (I've not read a lot of them)

5. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    yeah i would like this, doubt it will happen though.
    I wanna read all the old threads [​IMG]