Hacking Are the M3 guys working on a Micro SD device?

• Thread starter Solidstate
  • Start date
  • Views 4,487
  • Replies 27
S

Solidstate

OP
I love the M3 devices and currently own the smaller standard SD side loading card. If they ever came out with a version that used Micro SD (transflash) cards that fitted flush in the DS Lite cart socket then I would immediately go and buy one.

Has anyone heard any murmers about such a device? I kind of expected this to have appeared by now.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From what I've heard from others on these forums a smaller version is being working on, and apparently most of it has been sorted out, though as for when it will be out is anyones guess. =\

S

Solidstate

OP
Thats good news. I hope something is announced soon - I feel the need to spend some money.

mikehammerX9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Yes, they working on M3Lite. It will be black and white. This is the answer from Danny (from M3 team):

QUOTE said:
We will release the M3 lite within one month (M3 micro SD) .

It will fit into the GBA cartridge slot of the DS Lite without any sticking
out

bow.gif
bow.gif

Picolo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why would they release it in just black and white, a lot of ppl bought the navy! Grrr

The black DS Lite isnt even released in asia/usa and I guess m3-team is asian.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
who cares about the color? as long as it doesn't stick out and it not is... like... shining pink/purple or something like that i'm happy ;D

apelete

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I emailed the M3 team several days ago, and here is what Danny replied:

QUOTE said:
Hi ,

We will release the M3 lite later (M3 micro SD) .

It will fit into the GBA cartridge slot of the DS Lite without any sticking out.

It will be available within 1 month .

Also do you think it could be possible to add games' icon (picture of the game) to the M3 loader like in the G6 Lite ?

It is not simple add the games icon .We need to change the system of M3 .

We will consider to do that later .

Regards
Danny

----- Original Message -----
  To: [email protected]
  Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 7:01 AM
  Subject: M3 MicroSD & M3 firmware

Hello,

I already have an M3 MiniSD and a DS Lite and I would like to know if the M3 Micro is being developped and when will it be released ?

Also do you think it could be possible to add games' icon (picture of the game) to the M3 loader like in the G6 Lite ?

Regards.

I think this isn't very helpful, we still have no precise date of annoucement or release, it could just be released in august or even september...
cry.gif

Hope I'm wrong, because I really think the M3 much more consistent UI than G6, plus the "real skin" feature (not just a background wallpaper for the GBA loader like G6) and the extendable capacity make it a winner over the G6, thus I would be really pissed off if they don't released it fast or if it sticks out like the EZ Flash IV.

Besides, I have an M3 MiniSD with a 2GB Sandisk Ultra II, and no slowdowns EVER (I play DS and still play GBA games too), nor a single problem since I got it in May, and that's why the G6 isn't the best card out there in my opinion...
yaynds.gif

apelete

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yay, this precisely is what I was pointing at. I hope the lack of info on the M3 Lite isn't just a marketing move from the G6/M3 Team (if they're thinking the M3 could "eat" some market share over the G6).

Nonetheless they rather hurry up, because the Ewin2 and the not-even-to-mention Supercard Lite seem to be in the starting blocks...
Oh guys, it's a real pain in tha a** to see all those shops taking pre-orders of the G6 and not to even have a single official info on the M3... :'(

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they're working on it, they're working on it, let them be.

The 24/7 nature of the internet coupled with instant information at your fingertips makes every day seem like a week when you're waiting for something like this - but if he says they're working on it, and that it will be out within a month, let him be. The M3/G6 teams work very hard both on their hardware and their software, and they haven't let anyone down yet.

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
Hell yes.

I hope they release a white one too. I once saw a poll somewhere and white was the #1 color out there.

trench02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think they will M3 will lose quite a bit market share if they wait too long before releasing the M3 Lite. Even NeoFlash has a MicroSD solution that's almost ready.

What's the deal with the M3 guys charging us an extra 20 bucks for the english menus? The hardware is identical, however we're forced to pay extra for english menus? I don't see any other flash card mfg charging extra for english menus.

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
What's the deal with the M3 guys charging us an extra 20 bucks for the english menus? The hardware is identical, however we're forced to pay extra for english menus? I don't see any other flash card mfg charging extra for english menus.

They are ripping us off, plain and simple.

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

I came to this thread late. What's this about extra $20?

Fuck that shit. Just because these are specialty items doesn't mean we're going to bow down our heads and pay any price for these items.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.