Hardware Are the left & right joycon joysticks similars ?

Oriordan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hi,
I have a spare right joycon, i was Wondering if i can remove its joystick and put it in the left joycon ?

Attachments

• IMG_20181020_070847.png
    IMG_20181020_070847.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 409

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are not interchangeable.

When you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, why even comment?

OP, they are the exact same. Use the spare. The official Nintendo control stick is going to be better than a cheap no name replacement one.

Reactions: Oriordan

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Use the spare. The official Nintendo control stick is going to be better than a cheap no name replacement one.
Is this from experience, or just judging a "China product" without using it?

I have a drifting left joycon, and I've done EXTENSIVE research as to how to fix it. I've found tons of posts claiming the cheap replacement works as good (if not better) than the stock sticks.

Mine haven't arrived yet from the slow boat from China, and I can't find that thread I read where there are MULTIPLE posts of people replying to someone asking about the quality of the China sticks (IIRC all positive... can't recall if it was here on GBATemp or on reddit), but there are these I found right now:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...trol_sticks_on_your_joycons_drifting/e70wbnb/
Bought a new analog stick for $15 and replaced it myself. It's a bit of a delicate procedure but it worked. My Joy-Con is as good as new now.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...trol_sticks_on_your_joycons_drifting/e73f31f/
I bought replacement sticks for $5 from china, popped my joycons open and put the new ones in, works like a fkin charm.

I'll review them myself once mine arrive... but I think it's a waste to butcher a working joycon. And saying that the official ones are "better"... well, the official ones are CRAP. Otherwise we wouldn't be having all these drifting issues.

Last edited by bundat,

Oriordan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
unfortunately, the switch joysticks are too fragile, they are not meant for extensive use or with games that require some speed moves, personally, i played skyrim for sometime, & the left joystick is already moving for itself.
As for the replacement joystick, i don't care if it is better worse, because i know that the official one isn't Any better.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this from experience, or just judging a "China product" without using it?

I have a drifting left joycon, and I've done EXTENSIVE research as to how to fix it. I've found tons of posts claiming the cheap replacement works as good (if not better) than the stock sticks.

Mine haven't arrived yet from the slow boat from China, and I can't find that thread I read where there are MULTIPLE posts of people replying to someone asking about the quality of the China sticks (IIRC all positive... can't recall if it was here on GBATemp or on reddit), but there are these I found right now:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...trol_sticks_on_your_joycons_drifting/e70wbnb/

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...trol_sticks_on_your_joycons_drifting/e73f31f/

I'll review them myself once mine arrive... but I think it's a waste to butcher a working joycon. And saying that the official ones are "better"... well, the official ones are CRAP. Otherwise we wouldn't be having all these drifting issues.
unfortunately, the switch joysticks are too fragile, they are not meant for extensive use or with games that require some speed moves, personally, i played skyrim for sometime, & the left joystick is already moving for itself.
As for the replacement joystick, i don't care if it is better worse, because i know that the official one isn't Any better.

Year and half a never had an issue with my control sticks. My 4 year old's I've had to replace twice because of drift, because he's 4. Maybe if you two start treating electronics with care, you won't break them like 4 year olds do.

And yes, I've used the cheap replacement before. I assemble and repair joycons as a job, The original Nintendo ones are definitely better quality.

One of the stupidest statements i've ever read "the controllers aren't meant to be used for long times, or for speed moves". LMAO

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe if you two start treating electronics with care, you won't break them like 4 year olds do.

How presumptuous. You instantly assume people are careless with their electronics just because they encounter problems?

I already knew about drifting BEFORE I got my Switch, and I have been EXTRA careful to keep them clean and to use minimal force, as stated in this UNEDITED post of mine more than 2 weeks ago (so it's not something I'm making up just now):

I only have the one pair that came with my Switch, and I'm already having drift issues (despite being extra careful to keep them clean and using minimal force, after having read about drifting BEFORE I got my Switch).

Just because people encounter problems with their electronics that you didn't, that instantly means they are careless with their gadgets? So I guess you also assume ALL the users posting that they have joycon drift are all careless. Stop making stupid arguments.

I have had my PS2 and PS3 controllers since forever, and have NEVER had any problems with them. Never had any problems with any analog sticks, the ones in the joycons are just trash.

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From what I can remember when changing shells, the sticks are exactly the same for either joycon, it's just the placement and orientation of the module that's a little different.

However the joystick in the image you post will more than likely not fit, because that is a psvita joystick (PSV2000 model).

Consider the PSV2000 model joystick doesn't fit in a PSV1000 model, I highly doubt it will fit in a joycon. (also the vita sticks do not have an L3/R3 click even if they would fit)

Last edited by Rasa39,

Oriordan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Year and half a never had an issue with my control sticks. My 4 year old's I've had to replace twice because of drift, because he's 4. Maybe if you two start treating electronics with care, you won't break them like 4 year olds do.

And yes, I've used the cheap replacement before. I assemble and repair joycons as a job, The original Nintendo ones are definitely better quality.

One of the stupidest statements i've ever read "the controllers aren't meant to be used for long times, or for speed moves". LMAO

How presumptuous. You instantly assume people are careless with their electronics just because they encounter problems?

I already knew about drifting BEFORE I got my Switch, and I have been EXTRA careful to keep them clean and to use minimal force, as stated in this UNEDITED post of mine more than 2 weeks ago (so it's not something I'm making up just now):

Just because people encounter problems with their electronics that you didn't, that instantly means they are careless with their gadgets? So I guess you also assume ALL the users posting that they have joycon drift are all careless. Stop making stupid arguments.

I have had my PS2 and PS3 controllers since forever, and have NEVER had any problems with them. Never had any problems with any analog sticks, the ones in the joycons are just trash.
Thank you, that's exactly what i was going to say. & time will prove us right, because more people will have the same issue & certainly they will complain about it.

Last edited by Oriordan,

Oriordan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I confirm, the left & right joysticks are identical.
I tore down the two joycons & put the right joystick in the left joycon, it works perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_20181022_140125.jpg
    IMG_20181022_140125.jpg
    999.6 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_20181022_140252.jpg
    IMG_20181022_140252.jpg
    722.6 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20181022_140113.jpg
    IMG_20181022_140113.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 234

SaintEX

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi, I only skimmed through the replies so if this has been said already, my bad.

They are identical, you can interchange them if you want. Although, like others said, it would be unwise to destroy a perfectly working joy con.

That said tho, off brand joysticks are hit or miss, I've replaced 7 sticks within my friends' and my collection of joycons with the aliexpress cheap ones and only 2 of them are in perfect shape after like a month-ish of using.

I'm personally using 2 of them, both have almost similar problems, the HARD up, HARD up left and HARD up right doesn't work anymore, (what I mean with HARD is you can't RUN in Xenoblade 2 using those directions anymore, still can walk though, like it's always on TILT) and they malfunctioned almost just within a week.

Although I still use them for some fighting games, I use my spare joycons when playing games with directional sensitivity (i.e. tilts, run, hold, etc.)

I would suggest getting original extra ones if you're willing to spend a bit more, or yeah, just use your extra one from that joycon. Cheers.

Reactions: g00s3y

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: