beide mittelfinger hoch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
issues have been adressed few days ago (pokemon diamond not working, m3 not working), have they been fixed?
if not, are these problems bigger than thought and may never be fixed?

mars

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
they will be fixed in time. (MAYBE not the pokemon diamond thing because of the eeprom issue. they say that it is dynamic and just needs a firmware update, but we dont know for sure yet) the m3 compataiblity should be fixed soon. the programmers are probably taking a nice vacation for bit. lots of hard work was put into it, and they are just now gonna get paid for it.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
but here come the time where they can show they actually support their product and fix those issues as soon as possible so people can buy their product with the good feeling "hey, they actually care".

mars

Siouxsie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The team is working hard to fix all the incompatibility bugs, and their hardware lets them fix almost any bugs by software upgrades. Even so the Pokémon games.

They don't have any preset release date for the upgrade though, but if any problem would be non fixable, they will tell us.

Jefklak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
The team is working hard to fix all the incompatibility bugs, and their hardware lets them fix almost any bugs by software upgrades.

That's what they want you to believe...
I've seen more than enough white screen and incompatibility problems on their forums. Scummvm DS does _not_ save (even corrupts your cartrdige), and they claim it's OK in v1.0.2. They even closed my support ticket, claiming it has been fixed. Thrust me, it is not. Read the details here http://www.jefklak.com/Articles/DSXtreme

I was very disappointed and reshipped it back to realhotstuff. Don't buy it, potential customers.

peer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The team is working hard to fix all the incompatibility bugs, and their hardware lets them fix almost any bugs by software upgrades.

That's what they want you to believe...
I've seen more than enough white screen and incompatibility problems on their forums. Scummvm DS does _not_ save (even corrupts your cartrdige), and they claim it's OK in v1.0.2. They even closed my support ticket, claiming it has been fixed. Thrust me, it is not. Read the details here http://www.jefklak.com/Articles/DSXtreme

I was very disappointed and reshipped it back to realhotstuff. Don't buy it, potential customers.

WOW. just WOW. All I can say. Stop being a cry baby. Just one thing didnt work you want to return it back. You probably didn't even have a DSX to begin with.

I have my DSXtreme for over a month now. So far I am happy with my purchase. Everything works like a charm. I don't really need those extra features like dancing led's and mp3 player. I just want to play games!

For those who want to play music and video on their DS's, you are pushing it. It's not meant for multimedia. Get a PSP or Ipod for that purpose for crying out loud.

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country
WOW. just WOW. All I can say. Stop being a cry baby. Just one thing didnt work you want to return it back. You probably didn't even have a DSX to begin with.

I have my DSXtreme for over a month now. So far I am happy with my purchase. Everything works like a charm.  I don't really need those extra features like dancing led's and mp3 player. I just want to play games!Â

For those who want to play music and video on their DS's, you are pushing it. It's not meant for multimedia. Get a PSP or Ipod for that purpose for crying out loud.

or you can get a supercard rumble+superkey+microSD combo and you have the same compatibity with half the price

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
WOW. just WOW. All I can say. Stop being a cry baby. Just one thing didnt work you want to return it back. You probably didn't even have a DSX to begin with.

I have my DSXtreme for over a month now. So far I am happy with my purchase. Everything works like a charm.  I don't really need those extra features like dancing led's and mp3 player. I just want to play games!Â

For those who want to play music and video on their DS's, you are pushing it. It's not meant for multimedia. Get a PSP or Ipod for that purpose for crying out loud.

or you can get a supercard rumble+superkey+microSD combo and you have the same compatibity with half the price
Exactly what I did. I sold my DS-X and got a SC Lite Rumble and a 1GB MicroSD card. The stupid thing with me was that the game I played much at that time, Metroid Prime Pinball, runs with slowdowns (both 1.0.1 and 1.0.2). I did some thinking and decided to sell it and get a cheap solution. So far my SCLR runs everything fine.

I'm not saying the DS-X is bad, the majority of other games run fine. I just freaked out a little with the slowdowns and negative experiences from others. The lack of updates from the DS-X team also got me a bit worried. They promise a lot but have yet to prove a lot. A flashcard with double the space that does roughly the same and with a large user base seemed better for me
smile.gif

Mr.squeeks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The lack of updates from the DS-X team also got me a bit worried. They promise a lot but have yet to prove a lot.

Humm, I don't have my DS-X yet, but from my point of view they are doing a pretty good job with the frequency of updates. The cart has only been out for a bit longer than a month and they have already produced one new firmware and it seems like they will have another one before the end of the year. I guess it would seem like a long time if your favorite game didn't run or didn't run well, but to an outside observer, it seems like pretty reasonable speed.

Do you do anything other than slag the DS-X?
I hope you're getting paid...
rolleyes.gif

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The lack of updates from the DS-X team also got me a bit worried. They promise a lot but have yet to prove a lot.

Humm, I don't have my DS-X yet, but from my point of view they are doing a pretty good job with the frequency of updates. The cart has only been out for a bit longer than a month and they have already produced one new firmware and it seems like they will have another one before the end of the year. I guess it would seem like a long time if your favorite game didn't run or didn't run well, but to an outside observer, it seems like pretty reasonable speed.
You're right, but there's also things like the skinning software and the FAT library. I find it a bit weird that at least the FAT lib hasn't been released yet, although I've been assured it'll definitely be released.

I just jumped out of their boat because of slight doubts and fears.
shy.gif

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country

they have one update so far, how many times have m3 update their software within a month?.... that's right

Do you do anything other than slag the DS-X?
I hope you're getting paid...
rolleyes.gif

that's my point of view, it's perfectly reasonable, seriously, with the same price as ds-x, you can get G6lite +passkey, with the same space 512mb, more or less the same compativility, and... well hello near perfect gba compatibility

if you think i'm biased, check my old posts at maxconsole, before the ds-x was released, people bashed it for the price and the limited 512 memory, and I did defend ds-x at that time, i said something like "it's a slot 1 solution with embedded flash, in theory it should have better compatibility than slot 2 solution, and if the 100% compatibility of clean rom hold true, it's worth it even with limited memory and the high price point"

and guess what... now we know that the compatibility isnt much better than slot 2 solution, then the main selling point of ds-x is gone, what makes it better than slot 2 solutions? plug and play and LED lights? cmon..

obviously, people bought the hype, and been buying ds-x, having paid all that money ($125, add shipping and that's practically the cost of another dsl), they became insecure and want to justify their purchase by defending them

Jefklak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium

Lol you're quite a funny person. I'm sure you did not even bother to click the link and read my full review. I ordered one from realhotstuff, of course I had a DSX stupid, why else would I complain about it? The pictures in the review are taken by my cellphone, using my DSX. What kind of person do you think I am? Just one thing didn't work?

- homebrew saving does not work. scummvmds, ds doom, ds organise, ... corrupts disk
- roms do not work (at least, sometimes they do). white screen, and poof.
- files go missing, without first partitioning it with a special software program

How the DSX support team handles those problems is a bit disturbing.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I got a chance to play with a ds-x today and my verdict... 'I think I will stick to my SC-CF thanks'

'nothing special at all, and suffers horrid slowdown and stutter, even worse than my EZ4'

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I got a chance to play with a ds-x today and my verdict... 'I think I will stick to my SC-CF thanks'

'nothing special at all, and suffers horrid slowdown and stutter, even worse than my EZ4'

wrong I have never experienced any of these problems with mine.

how the hell can I be wrong ? try metroid pinball and tell me all is perfect.... also vaniaPOR keeps locking no matter what I tried (the reason I got to play with it, but I couldn't fix it even though I tried everything I know to stop it locking)

dblank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you checked http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/DSX_compatibility_list ?

There seems to be a workaround for Castlevania.. as for Metroid Pinball, hopefully it can be fixed in a firmware update.. but for now if you don't care about the sound in MP, you could try pulling it out (I do this with most games, as the audio generally annoys me), it might help speed things up.

Most games work great, and I'd expect most of those listed with problems in the compatibility list to be fixed in the next firmware.

It's definately not perfect, but should be at least a little bit closer with the next update
smile.gif

try metroid pinball and tell me all is perfect.... also vaniaPOR keeps locking no matter what I tried (the reason I got to play with it, but I couldn't fix it even though I tried everything I know to stop it locking)

Mr.squeeks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they have one update so far, how many times have m3 update their software within a month?.... that's right

Number of updates in a month proves nothing about the level of support a product has. If I wanted to be negative, I could say that putting out that many updates just shows that they don't test their updates before releasing them. But I won't because the M3 is a good product. And their software usually is good from day one.

The DS-X hasn't been on the market for much longer than a month at this point. Expecting them to have 2 or 3 updates by now is kind of silly IMHO.

and guess what... now we know that the compatibility isnt much better than slot 2 solution, then the main selling point of ds-x is gone, what makes it better than slot 2 solutions? plug and play and LED lights? cmon..

The DS-X is still the best solution for someone that does not have a PC/Windows. It would be nicer if there were more choices, as the DS-X does indeed have some issues. Other than that there really isn't much reason to choose the DS-X over a slot2 cart like the M3.

QUOTE(stop_loading @ Nov 30 2006, 01:35 AM)obviously, people bought the hype, and been buying ds-x, having paid all that money ($125, add shipping and that's practically the cost of another dsl), they became insecure and want to justify their purchase by defending them
Those people are just as bad as the people that bash a product.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?