Are the chinese online shops a good place for buying?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by MelissaUS, Mar 13, 2011.

1. MelissaUS
    OP

Newcomer MelissaUS Member

Germany
    Hello everyone,
    sorry if this isnt the right category for this thread but I cannot find any other related categories for this.
    So...are the chinese online shops a good place for buying electronics and especially for video game accessories?
    Most of the chinese shops have free shipping but how is the quality of the products? Share your experience.
    The biggest chinese online shop is Dealextreme but I have bad experience with them. Before two months I made an order and I didnt receive nothing [​IMG]
    Anyway yesterday I made purchase on http://www.chinabuye.com/ (Racing wheel for xbox... yeah I`m girl who play racing games [​IMG] ) when I receive the order I`ll upload some photos.
    Does anyone buy from any other chinese shops? Share your experience.

PS: Who knows any good chinese wholesale shop with free shipping? I want to try selling chinese products in my town.

Thank you for all answers in advance!

2. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    shoptemp has a lot of chinese shops listed, most of them can be trusted.

3. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    I've personally dealt with Price Angels and had a good experience. I've heard Lightake is similar in quality and they're cheap.

4. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

I've ordered stuff from lightake.com and they're pretty trustworthy.

5. TheTwoR's

Member TheTwoR's Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D

Belgium
    TBH it just depends on the shop and not its location or anything.
    From my experiences, I can tell you that DealExtreme and Lightake are both very reliable. (DealExtreme stopped selling flashcarts [​IMG] )

6. MelissaUS
    OP

Germany
    Yeah actually I know that DX are very popular shop I just dont know why I don`t receive my order from them. Anyway it was a small order but now I am scared to buy something big from them. Probably I should buy something small again to see how will be this time.
    How long takes the shipping from the chinese shops? My order from Chinabuye is with standard air mail.

7. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

About a month with air mail.

8. MelissaUS
    OP

Germany
    It`s not too much of waiting then.
    I want to buy some video game accessories. About 10 protective carrying cases, 15 TFT LCD replacement modules for NDS Lite and 10 1600 mAH battery pack for Nintendo DS NDS Lite.
    I want to sell them here. Should I pay some taxes in USA for this kind of big order?
    And one more question should I pay more for EMS shipping so the delivery to be more safe or the free shipping with Air Mail is safer enough?

9. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

I think there are customs for shipping hardware to America. I could be wrong though. Also, it is safer and faster to pay for shipping by EMS because it seems like you're shipping some fragile items. Also, EMS usually take care of customs.

Off-topic: Check your PMs.

10. dylan2228

Newcomer dylan2228 Advanced Member

Australia
    I have dealt with both DX and Lightake, they are both good if you don't mind the wait for shipping,
    And i live in Australia and laws here dont make you pay tax unless the order is more than $1000 (I dont know about U.S but im assuming its similar)

---Dylan2228---

11. ihackedit

Member ihackedit GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Only used DX.
    I bought about three EDGE carts from them when they were being sold and they were good.
    I've bought trigram screwdrivers, a mini netbook and more from them and they were excellent quality!

12. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    You know, ShopTemp is the perfect resource for reviewing stores and looking at their prices before ordering from them. That's the reason it exists [​IMG]

13. MelissaUS
    OP

Germany
    Yes I check it but I wasnt found this shop (Chinabuye) of where I bought my last order. In future I`ll check http://shoptemp.net/ before to buy something.