Hacking Are the benefits in EZ Flash 3 in 1 Plus worth it?

unknownworlder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RAM=More space to run homebrew and web browser!
smile.gif
AND GBA GAMES!
SRAM=Forgot what this does.
Rumble is obvious.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your question is too vague. Are you asking "Is the 3in1 Plus worth it when compared to the old 3in1?" or are you asking "Is the 3in1 Plus worth it for the features it adds to a slot-1 device?"

Compared to the old 3in1, it's not quite as good at the moment since it's not as well supported by the unofficial apps that make use of its features. Compared to not having any slot-2 device at all, it's worth it if for nothing else than the ability to play any GBA game you want.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Your question is too vague. Are you asking "Is the 3in1 Plus worth it when compared to the old 3in1?" or are you asking "Is the 3in1 Plus worth it for the features it adds to a slot-1 device?"

Compared to the old 3in1, it's not quite as good at the moment since it's not as well supported by the unofficial apps that make use of its features. Compared to not having any slot-2 device at all, it's worth it if for nothing else than the ability to play any GBA game you want.

I meant the first one, is it better than the old 3-in-1? I have a CycloDS and they are under the process of adding support once the official 1.54 firmware is released, so when that happens then is it worth the money to get it?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3in1+ came about because their hardware supplier died, so they had to use different hardware. Yeah you get a bit more NOR flash, but I don't think you'll be able to use it for much, especially if you're not using an EZ-V as your slot-1 device. You've still only got 16 MB of RAM which is the most important part of the device.

Zerotance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also have a cyclods and I am gonna get one because it is supported in 1.54B3.
Look at this quote from the firmware update 1.54b3:
QUOTE said:
* Problems with some kiosk demos resolved
* Improved support for EZ3in1+ (NOR and browser RAM)
* Game compatibility fixes (3369, 3396)

In otherwords/ a short answer: It works on this beta, and if you want to use OPERA browser, try this patch

http://nds.cmamod.com/ez5/CZ-O31Pp-test2.zip
and the source http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?p=58738#p58738

Uruha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aww... thanks for the response, i was thinking since the new one is 256mb = 32MB? i could fit like 2-4
EDIT: im sorry but can u edit the slot 2 thru ur slot 1? like store ur other GBA games on the slot 1?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi: