Gaming Are the batteries same? (Canada and Europe)

Sunleafii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So I'm thinking about buying a DS Lite from my good friend ;) the problem is that the battery is broken in it and this console was purchased in Canada. New batteries for Lite aren't expensive and I'm sure I would save some money if I bought the DS from her and a new battery for it.
But I live in Europe and since the DS is from Canada, won't it be a problem if the new battery is European?
I did a quick research and some page said that US batteries last up to 19 hours, while the European ones last up to 6 hours. I know the chargers are different for sure, but she already has the EU adapter. So what do you think? And I don't want to buy a new DS, it's not worth it ;). I don't want a 3DS either, because I'd like to play GBA games.
Thank you for any help!

bialy_gibson

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You probably won't be able to buy original DS batteries (which last up to 19 hours). The only ones available are poor quality replacements (which last only couple of hours).

Reactions: Sunleafii

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I'm thinking about buying a DS Lite from my good friend ;) the problem is that the battery is broken in it and this console was purchased in Canada. New batteries for Lite aren't expensive and I'm sure I would save some money if I bought the DS from her and a new battery for it.
But I live in Europe and since the DS is from Canada, won't it be a problem if the new battery is European?
I did a quick research and some page said that US batteries last up to 19 hours, while the European ones last up to 6 hours. I know the chargers are different for sure, but she already has the EU adapter. So what do you think? And I don't want to buy a new DS, it's not worth it ;). I don't want a 3DS either, because I'd like to play GBA games.
Thank you for any help!
That 19 hour battery must have been some really bulky 3rd party one. You can't get original batteries that last that long (I wish)
Nintendo still sells original replacement batteries and other accessories, including DS ones. I don't have the link to their european online store, someone else might, but the price is $15 for a new DS Lite battery on the US store.
Edit: Found the UK store. http://nos.nintendo-europe.com/ but it seems only the US store has DS accessories :(

You probably won't be able to buy original DS batteries (which last up to 19 hours). The only ones available are poor quality replacements (which last only couple of hours).
Nintendo still sells original replacement batteries and other accessories in their online store.

Reactions: Sunleafii

Sunleafii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wow, you guys are truly helpful ;)!

@bialy_gibson You're from Poland, just like me, so hello there pal :D!
I am gonna buy the batteries at allegro, that's an online store like eBay, but allegro is a Polish site, so I won't have to wait much for the shipping.
I already found 2 auctions with original ;) DS batteries, a new one for approx. 17 dollars and an used one for approx. 5 dollars.
They are original, here's the pic from the used one: http://img07.allegroimg.pl/photos/oryginal/32/73/92/39/3273923913
Tbh, I don't care that much whether the battery lasts 9 or 12 hours as I don't play much on the go. I guess that 8-9 hours is just good for me. Still, the more, the better :lol:.

One more question. DS Lite and DSi have the same batteries, but DS (Classic) has different, right? Just to be sure what I'm buying.

Thanks a lot, everyone!

Sunleafii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@bialy_gibson Wow, thanks xD!

So all my doubts have been solved, thanks to all of you ;). I know what to do, so soon I'm gonna get my hands on the DS Lite with all the accesories :D
Thank you once more! I've asked the same question on 2 forums earlier and this forum is the first to give the most accurate help ;)! You are really keen on it! Thanks!

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
For those wondering, the DS Phat and the GBA SP use nearly the same batteries; there are just some plastic tabs on one type, and sanding or cutting those off will let them fit and work in the other. I wish I remembered which was which.

kumpandjill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those wondering, the DS Phat and the GBA SP use nearly the same batteries; there are just some plastic tabs on one type, and sanding or cutting those off will let them fit and work in the other. I wish I remembered which was which.
i'm pretty sure the DS one works in the SP but not the other way around. a friend of mine figured it out long ago when he had a broken phatty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg