Misc Are system updates automatic on the Wii and DSi?

zackfiles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Say I play Super Smash Bros. Brawl with my friends through Wifi. Does connecting to the Internet like that automatically update my Wii's firmware, with me knowing?

Same question for the DSi, if I connect and surf the net with it, would the firmware update by itself?

Or does the system need my permission for every update?
Because of the recent updates Nintendo made (Blocking flashcarts, mods, etc.), I can see why people wouldn't just go to the system options and hit "Update Firmware".

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
For the wii, it only updates if you tell it to. Some games cannot be played without an update though, and that's what we have 'Safe Updates' for.

I would assume the DSi has automatic updates seeing threads about "Flashcart X Blocked!" and so on.

C

CasperH

No and no
tongue.gif

zackfiles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GameSoul said:
For the wii, it only updates if you tell it to. Some games cannot be played without an update though, and that's what we have 'Safe Updates' for.

What are safe updates? And how can you tell you are doing a "safe update" rather than a normal firmware update?

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
zackfiles said:
GameSoul said:

What are safe updates? And how can you tell you are doing a "safe update" rather than a normal firmware update?

You can only download Safe Updates off websites. a Normal Firmware update is through Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet