Are stuck pixels common?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by buzzyon, May 28, 2007.

May 28, 2007

Are stuck pixels common? by buzzyon at 5:31 AM (1,550 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. buzzyon
    OP

Newcomer buzzyon Member

Japan

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Yes they are common. It is quite a pain hunting down one without a single stuck/dead pixel. I got mine about a year ago. 2 white stuck pixels. Since the screen is larger it isn't as noticeable as a colored one on the DS

3. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    I have a dark blue dead pixel on my top screen on my DS Lite

4. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    Actually, most of 'white' dead pixels don't have anything to do with the screen itself. In order to check that, make a black 480x272 .BMP in paint and add some white pixel-size spots. Then load it on your PSP. I noticed they are about five times larger than the pixel I though was stuck. It's a problem in crappy faceplates and the transparent plastic on the screen is probably defective. I'll order a good one from divineo. [​IMG]

5. 4saken

Australia
    Do you mean the difference between a speck of dust and a white pixel? They're definitely pixels though.

6. Neko

Member Neko Been a while.

Germany
    My First DS had no stuck pixels and even after nintendo replaced my touchscreen , it was still stuck pixel free. [​IMG]

My TFT has an stuck Pixel. :\

7. jimmy j

Member jimmy j Awesome for hire.

United Kingdom
    I had a blue stuck pixel on my DS lite. Must have fixed itself coz it aint there now [​IMG]

8. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I've had 2 psps and have never had problems with dead pixels. The newer psps are meant to be of a cheaper build quality. I've had a dead pixel on my ds lite, but I only ever see it on a black screen so it never bothers me.

9. shaffaaf27

Member shaffaaf27 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    i have never had a stuck pixel, withmy portable dvd player, my sp, gba, ds, dsL or psp.....YEY

10. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    I bought the exact same PSP (2.71, brandnew, and everything) and pulled it out with a red (dead) pixel and a white (stuck) pixel. There are homebrew apps out there to unstick your pixels and even attempt to revive some dead ones. I've only tried one and it didn't work for me, but numerous people have claimed to have had success with these apps...

EDIT: Forgot to mention, dunno why but my white stuck pixel eventually disappeared for no reason. I didn't even try to unstick the white one, it removed itself, I guess. [The red one is still dead, however.]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuck_pixel

11. 4saken

Australia
    The success rate for such a program is well below 50%. I would know. I've tried it on everything (got tons of stuck pixels [​IMG]). I got pissed at this red one on my DSL so I bought some brand new ones, found a stuck pixel-less one, and sold the rest on eBay for 75% RRP due to happiness.

12. Corizzle

Newcomer Corizzle Advanced Member

Canada
    My first DS: 1 Dark Blue Pixel at top left of the top screen
    2nd DS: 2 Red Stuck Pixels in the middle of the bottom screen
    3rd DS: Slight Yellow Tinge to bottom screen and a spec of dust not very visible on any colour but green for some reason, I can live with that

My first PSP was dead/stuck pixel free, never had any problems with it. Other then the glossy faceplate gathers fingerprints as if it's life depended on it.

13. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Never had any dead pixels on 2 LCD monitors, 1 PSP and 3 NDSLs (That's what 9 screens?). And usually any manufacturer won't fix one or two dead pixels. I've come across a dead backlight LCD monitor though..

14. KMC

Newcomer KMC Member

United States
    My DS is free of stuck pixels. Nintendo has a no stuck pixel policy so if you get one send it to 'em to get a free new DS. I know some brands of laptops get it, and pretty much all devices with a screen. Hell my microwave has a few stuck pixels. [​IMG]