Hacking Are software exploits for tyhe switch even being looked at atm?

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean I know Nintendo has been a lot tougher with security as of late, but it is still Nintendo we're talking about. If jailbreakers can find exploits in ios 14, (which is an os from apple who is notoriously does everything in their power to stop jailbreaks), then the switch must have at least a handful of usable exploits, right?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your another that keeps asking the same question, no, you will not see a free software exploit good enough to run and install cfw at the moment.

this is nothing like Crapple who pay for other mobile parts to build its Crap iBones and recycle its Crap OS - thats the problem there, Unlike Crapple, Nintendo revised its hardware to STOP this exploit.

We have the SX Chip, but they took TX down putting a stop to that.

Then we hear of clones, if they have the balls to take Nintendo on, and if users are stupid enough to go solder a cheap clone onto their console, then this as of now is the only way to exploit.

and then it wont be long until nintendo block this by changing its hardware again.

you are like the millionth user to ask this question, if there was a free software solution, it would be out by now, or we would have heard about it.

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
your another that keeps asking the same question, no, you will not see a free software exploit good enough to run and install cfw at the moment.

this is nothing like Crapple who pay for other mobile parts to build its Crap iBones and recycle its Crap OS - thats the problem there, Unlike Crapple, Nintendo revised its hardware to STOP this exploit.

We have the SX Chip, but they took TX down putting a stop to that.

Then we hear of clones, if they have the balls to take Nintendo on, and if users are stupid enough to go solder a cheap clone onto their console, then this as of now is the only way to exploit.

and then it wont be long until nintendo block this by changing its hardware again.

you are like the millionth user to ask this question, if there was a free software solution, it would be out by now, or we would have heard about it.
Ok, I'd like to say though apple's sep exploit has been fixed for a few years now.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
You are not comparing apples to apples (literally).The XNU kernel is orders of magnitude larger than the Horizon OS kernel and it's a so called monolithic kernel while the HOS one is a microkernel (the later is designed to fix all the security shortcomings of the former). Larger means much more likely to contain vulnerable code. Nintendo really did their job this time if you can believe what people say about the security. But kernel mode code execution isn't enough. You also need to break TrustZone. Their TrustZone code is absolutely tiny and well understood/reviewed.

I would not get my hopes up for anything to come any time soon. If vulnerabilities exist they will be kept until end of life simply because they are so extremely rare this time.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only software exploit was Deja Vu, it was patched in firmware 8.0.0, there is no other exploits available at the moment according to SciresM.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The interest is rather low on console hacking since they have lower user base and just as tight security. At most there is only one or two team care enough to exploit it and it could take year before one success since most of them working solo.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Start brute forcing N private key
That's the second or third time i hear this on this board. What the hell is the n private key? Could you explain? Or could you post a link?

EDIT: You wrote already about it here. What the heck is this key? Completely crap? A lie? Whatever you mean with "N private key"....no matter what i type into google...there are no sites which write about this mysterious key,

Last edited by BaamAlex,

templeofhylia

homo supreme
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: Kopimist

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the second or third time i hear this on this board. What the hell is the n private key? Could you explain? Or could you post a link?
They actually have multiple keys for different things. They're the keys that lets them generate a valid signature on whatever content.
Encrypt sha256 hash of w/e content with private key -> decrypt that signature with the public key and verify the hash

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
There will be enough firmware signing key. Or RCM payload signing key. After that you can do whatever you want with console - it is ultimate software entry point:) And probability of brute forcing/stealing is higher that finding another exploit.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Start guessing the key! yeah it could take until the end of time but you might get lucky and guess it on the first try!

A more realistic option is sell your current Switch, pay the difference and buy an unpatched one off eBay

Last edited by M7L7NK7,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I know Nintendo has been a lot tougher with security as of late, but it is still Nintendo we're talking about. If jailbreakers can find exploits in ios 14, (which is an os from apple who is notoriously does everything in their power to stop jailbreaks), then the switch must have at least a handful of usable exploits, right?
There is also little interest when we already have the current coldboot exploit which will most likely be better than any exploit discovered in the future.

toniisound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The interest is rather low on console hacking since they have lower user base and just as tight security. At most there is only one or two team care enough to exploit it and it could take year before one success since most of them working solo.
what people / teams actually are looking for?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn