1. hiroakihsu

OP hiroakihsu SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD

United States
    I have a question I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on for me...

Are RCM payload injector dongles (like ns-atmosphere or RCMLoader One for example, which enables cfws which in turn enables piracy) considered "illegal" in the same vein as flashcards (which directly enables piracy)?

The reason why I am asking this is because I'm thinking of getting an injector dongle, and I see people selling RCMLoader Ones on Amazon and I was thinking "Wouldn't this be illegal?"...Is there any chance I would get into legal trouble if I bought it from one of those sellers on Amazon? Thanks.

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Czech Republic
    They are 100% legal. Same goes for modifing your console.
    Flashcards are illegal only somewhere. (Tbh, using it for own backups and homebrew only should be legal everywhere, but whatever.)

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Jan 20, 2019
  3. cherup

cherup Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    they are more in a grey zone. Ebay e.g. is taking down the articles if something with Sx Os e.g. mentioned.

4. FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Payload Injectors themselves are 100% Legal! The only reason the SX OS ones are getting taken down is more than likely because someone from Team Xecuter is reporting them for containing their SX OS software and because they already offer a competing device, the SX PRO, and they want to minimize any competition.

As for this "Piracy" nonsense, Payload Injectors have nothing to do with "Piracy". They merely allow you to inject payloads into your device. What YOU do with the device is up to YOU! Whether YOU choose to commit Piracy is solely up to YOU! You are the one who makes that decision, NOT the Payload Injector!

It's no different than owning a Gun. You can use a Gun for LEGAL purposes, like self defense, defending your home, etc. Or you can use a Gun for ILLEGAL purposes, like armed robbery, murder etc. The choice is solely up to YOU!

Payload Injectors don't do anything more than you can already do with your Computer/Smartphone. So if Payload Injectors are illegal than you better throw away your Computer and Smartphone as well. ;)

Last edited by FanboyKilla, Mar 10, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - considered, Injector, Payload