Hardware Are PSP Go's hacked like 1K/2K/3KS?

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are PSP Go's hacked and allow isos like PSP 1K/2K/3KS? If so what size is needed for the custom firmware?

Some guy wants to trade me a go for my 1000 seeing if its worth it or not. He doesnt know how to use it lol.

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1k cramps my hands i can do small lol i have smalll hands.

just wondering if my 8gb memory sticks will work on it

i know mms r diiferent sizes for go

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
FlashX007 said:

Yeah, your memory sticks won't work on it. It should be a moot point, though, because all go's have 16GBs installed.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
They are as hackable as the 3000 series (meaning you can't use any of the "permanent" CFW, you are stuck with either TN or PRO) except for the fact that all PSP Go systems at the moment can be downgraded to 6.20 while some PSP 3000s can only go down to 6.35. As long as you are on firmware 6.39 (the latest as of may 24, 2011) or lower. Just update to 6.38/6.39 and then downgrade to 6.20. After that just install 6.20 Pro-B5 (Pro CFW has ISO loading built in, with TN you have to use a separate ISO loader program). I would not recommend the permanent patch though, it only takes a few seconds to run the (signed) fastrecovery program and get it back if you turn off your system. Note when I say turn off, I mean completely off not just sleep mode.

As long as you are willing to live with that limitation (or risk using the permanent patcher) then yes, everything will work except for the popsloader plugin (psx/pops games will work, but you are limited to using the pops that came with 6.20) and other plugins that haven't been updated to work with 6.20 CFW.

Finally, when the downgrader says it will "delete the resume game feature", that just means it will delete the current save state as if you had done a "restore default settings", the ability to pause/resume in the future will not be affected.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
FlashX007 said:

Yeah, your memory sticks won't work on it. It should be a moot point, though, because all go's have 16GBs installed.
psp Go's mem sticks are called Memory Stick micro. The biggest one is 16gb iirc and they're much cheaper than regular Memory Stick Pro Duos.

Also, here's the link for the downgrader: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=26&...403&start=0

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Given your 1000 is broken isn't this a no brainer decision?

clembo2021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also play on the PSP Go with a PS3 controller, and you can hook it up to your TV to play games which you can't do with the 1000. Also the screen is a lot better, even though it is a tiny bit smaller.

durpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh the psp is hacked to play isos now? i wonder if i should bother getting one now...well, if i can find one dirt cheap
cool.gif

roastable

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
durpy said:
oh the psp is hacked to play isos now? i wonder if i should bother getting one now...well, if i can find one dirt cheap
cool.gif
The PSP has been hacked to play isos for a LOOONG time now...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.