Hacking Are people who don't want to buy extra stuff for GW screwed?

idx13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2-3 months ago I bought a New 3DS import, gateway and memory card. I don't want to now have to buy extra things like a game I already sold. Are they eventually going to support just their own regular dang card?

Spaqin

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's no other known entry point at this moment than OOT. Cubic Ninja is said to be supported soon, but there's no ETA on that. So yep, you don't have much choice.

(there's also Sky3DS and clones, but buying a flashcard to use another flashcards sounds weird.)

Reactions: MrJason005

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just wanna play roms, so Sky3DS sounds like it's for me. Hopefully the next handheld they make won't have such a messy scene...

And one could even use the GW launcher to some extent without a GW cart using a Sky3DS. But you might be better off with ninjhax, though.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
And one could even use the GW launcher to some extent without a GW cart using a Sky3DS. But you might be better off with ninjhax, though.

Can the Sky3DS boot the gateway launcher from the latest sysnand firmware? If not, I could always keep my 2DS on 9.2 just to boot the Gateway launcher for dumping my own roms and saves.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can the Sky3DS boot the gateway launcher from the latest sysnand firmware? If not, I could always keep my 2DS on 9.2 just to boot the Gateway launcher for dumping my own roms and saves.

Since that's not even possible with a retail cartridge...
And before you ask: the same goes for ninjhax. No h4xx1ng with any FW above 9.2 so far. Only roms with Sky3DS.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Since that's not even possible with a retail cartridge...
And before you ask: the same goes for ninjhax. No h4xx1ng with any FW above 9.2 so far. Only roms with Sky3DS.

Well I'm getting a New3DS soon anyways, so I'll just keep the 2DS on 9.2U for dom and save dumping, and the N3DS for legit stuff + Sky3DS.

Reactions: GaaraPrime

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm glad I bought cubic ninja to have homebrews on my new3DS and that I laready bought GW for my actual 3DS but yeah that's fucked up if you don't want to buy extra stuff...

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Use cart 1 Load exploit. (OoT)
Use cart 2 until next reboot. (GW)
We're talking a two step process. :huh:

Now that I think about it? It's better for me than using the go exploit.

Also, filfat really? Is that EVER necessary? You have your views, and they have theirs.. You do not need to be so rude.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes they are unfortunately screwed and have wasted there money. Please tell them if they are prepare to sale to notify the community.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
I personally don't think Gateway is forcing users to buy too much extra stuff, the save dongle + zelda OOT isnt too much extra money :D

I will skip the SKy3ds, gateway is all I need; I'm guessing the sky3ds card using gateway method is only for those who Have a N3DS + Sky3ds but not OOT right, good thing we've got that method working now too :)

Don't sell Zelda games they only go up in price ever.

I second this, Do not sell them, they are worth so much, I am lucky that one day picked up zelda collectors edition for Gamecube for £6 when its usually going for £25, uber lucky me :D

unopened zelda oot 3d in a few years could be worth like $140 or something so hold onto that stuff guys

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
unopened zelda oot 3d in a few years could be worth like $140 or something so hold onto that stuff guys
I think a Zelda OoT cart with the save exploit installed on it already would be worth the premium today. I think today is the day to sell really.
If you look at N64 carts, they aren't worth more than the day they were made. They went up in price until the console became obsolete... then slowly dropped back to original retail prices.
I see Zelda OoT dropping down to $50 after they release a "remastered edition" for 4DS. (where you can smell your rupees. AND don't tell me rupees don't have a smell.... How do you know?!?!)

Reactions: Nephiel

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Cubic Ninja is said to be supported soon, but there's no ETA on that.

Actually there is an ETA on that: A few hours ago. Take a look at the Gateway site.
GATEWAY 3.1.1 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

Posted on March 17, 2015
Today we are back with another update: GATEWAY 3.1.1 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA.
This version fixes a minor bug where the GW3D version tag was not always displayed while in EmuNAND.
Some speculated this was due to fake microSD cards but it turns out this was not the case.

Furthermore today we bring support for launching the Gateway menu for New 3DS users up to firmware 9.2 through the use of the “Cubic Ninja” game!

Owners of a retail copy of “Cubic Ninja” from the USA, EUR or JAP region will be able to use the Gateway 3DS cartridge with New 3DS and enjoy all the cool features as usual!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv