Are people still playing pokemon go?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by FAST6191, Mar 20, 2017.

1. FAST6191
    OP

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
  2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I am actually still playing Pokemon Go. I wasn't playing it for the hype, I was playing it because I actually enjoyed it.

3. DarkCrudus

DarkCrudus The Ghost

Apr 15, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    got too many accounts banned to still want to "play"

hue

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    I'm still playing and enjoying the game, Pokemon Go makes my commute to and from work a lot more interesting also.

I currently only need a Dragonite to have everything it's currently possible to obtain in GEN 1, minus the exclusive regional and unreleased legendary Pokemon. I have enough candy for a Kabutops, just need to find a good Kabuto to evolve.

I'm currently making good progress on GEN 2, however its going to be a long while before that's anywhere near complete.

In our big local park theirs often a lot of people still playing, especially when a good nest appears there. I've joined a Facebook group for players in my town, theirs easily a couple of hundred people still active in my area.

Screenshot_20170320-120433.png

Last edited by InsaneNutter, Mar 20, 2017 - Reason: More info
  5. mudassirul

mudassirul GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2010
    playing Fire Emblem now

6. antiswirl

antiswirl Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2008
    People still playing but I never met any of them. Most accounts are bots but who cares.

7. RedRedWine

RedRedWine Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2017
    United States
    I never really got into it, any game where I have to move more than my fingers I give up lol.

8. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Active players dropped significantly after like a month or two when it came out. I think even when Gen 2 released there wasn't really a giant surge like everyone thought there'd be.

I'd probably still play it, if they didn't just blanket block anyone who so much as says the word "root" on their Android phone. Since my phone doesn't like Magisk there's basically nothing I can do.

9. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Ugh my coworker still plays, but I think it might be because he never really played a real pokemon game. Me? I would rather just play a real pokemon game on my phone. I can play up to Black/White2 thanks to Drastic. Go is just so... boring.

10. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    My wife and I played constantly but it got old quick and living in a small town with only 1 gym the people who lives right where the gym is located just keeps taking the gym. Got really tired of weedles and zubats too

11. VinsCool

VinsCool Detached from Reality

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Lolno.

I live in a hole, and I have no car to travel. There's literally nothing but ratatas and pidgeys. Also the closest pokéstop requires like 30 minutes of walk, and that's only one.