Are people from Europe safe to go online? SnM

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Karuley, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Karuley
    OP

Karuley GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2016
    Yesterday I was doing some giveaways and found out I was banned today, I am from Europe and I was using the CIA from the Freeshop.
    Any idea why this happened? I DID go online with the hacked version ahead of time ONE TIME, but I wasn't caught in the initial banwave, and it feels weird to band me now that the game has already been released in other countries.
    Could it have been because of my starting date? or because I had used the hacked version to go online previously?

I already used a clean LocalFriendCodeSeed_B to remove the ban, just wanna know if it is safe for now or if I should way until the 23rd.

thanks in advance

2. Audino

Audino GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2016
    Netherlands
    You're from Europe and the release date of SuMo is the 23th, you've been banned because of that. You should stay away from online play in sun/moon till the 23th.

Last edited by Audino, Nov 20, 2016
  3. Karuley
    OP

Karuley GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2016
    mm so it was because of that :/
    since the CIA was for all regions I thought they wouldn't be able to detect that, there are also some retail shops around here who messed up the date and already sold some copies so I thought I'd ask
    thanks, gonna play it safe and buy the game when it comes out

4. Ki18

Ki18 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2015
    Just to jump in. I'm from Scotland and got the very early leak of Moon. I am not banned and have not used any online services within Pokemon Moon. Once it hits the 23rd I'm expected to be safe to use online features, correct?

Thanks.

5. Karuley
    OP

Karuley GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2016
    yep that's the idea, be sure to actually turn off wi fi while playing, people have been banned by just having wi fi and the game on at the same time

6. Ki18

Ki18 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2015
    I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

7. Ryu X

Ryu X GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2007
    United States
    Can't be banned for having wi fi on while playing the game. They most likely used an online mode and didn't know it. As long as no online mode is used before release date you can have wifi on if you want. It does make it easier to accidentally start an online mode though.

8. Justin20020

Justin20020 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
    So, I pressed accidentally the Festival Plaza. (Online feature) but my wifi was off. Am i fuck'd now if i go online after the 23rd?

9. Karuley
    OP

Karuley GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2016
    people HAVE been banned for that, there are many reports of that deep within the ban thread

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

festival plaza also works offline, if you had wi fi off (on the actual ds) you should be fine