clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im only talking about wads for game loaders not wads that install ios or cios no wads like that i would use on v wii just because they work on old wii,

all i really want to do is convert the new usb loader gx and the new wiiflow boot dols into wads and test them on my old wii first, then put them on the v wii

just convert the new usb loader gx and the new wiiflow boot dols into wads

usb loader gx and the new wiiflow that is the only wads im going to mess with

i have a wii u , i am going to try to mod it soon maybe today, i would like to know if i can put the wads i used on my old wii (ONLY WADS LIKE USB LOADERS AND SUCH OR NEW LOADER BOOT DOLS THAT I CONVERT TO WAD WITH WADDER PROGRAM) safley on the v wii, i test all my wads on a wii that i can restore before i use the wad on anything else

http://gbatemp.net/threads/basic-dos-and-do-nots-of-vwii-modding.339337/
Potential risk of brick but still more or less doable (make sure you have a NAND backup, or at the very least a key dump from the modified xyzzy + hardware programmer):
- Installing channel wads (same reason as on regular Wii, mainly only if they have a bad banner or something, otherwise if they are confirmed ok, then they should be safe)

im thinking i might skip trying to get a nand or key dump of my v wii because i will first be testing any wads on my old wii that i have lots of practice reading and restoring nand on because... ""same reason as on regular Wii, mainly only if they have a bad banner or something, otherwise if they are confirmed ok, then they should be safe""

i used wadder to make my boot dols into wads do you think it will work for me in vwii with the same success i had with the first wii console ?

i know what people say about wads but i still use them, i got a old wii with boot2 and a back up of the nand incase i got a bad wad, i always test new wads out on before i use wad on any other wii, if tester are not using wads like this with a wii they can restore than they should try to use boot dols instead of wads when ever possible

i have bricked 1 wii this way and i did not have a back up of the nand, its in my closet in case i need parts, i heard i could unbrick it by installing a chip but wii's are so cheap its not worth doing all that

reason i want to use wads is i mod wii's and people can easily copy boot dols from apps folder, and im sure wadder has increased the likey hood of me modding more consoles over the years and i plan on using it on the vwii unless i find a reason not to

i think i did read on this site about not to try to install priloader on vwii because it becomes part of the menu, and will cause vwii to brick on boot

ruiner9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The short answer to your really long question: NO.

WADs compiled for the Wii won't necessarily work on the vWii, and could brick it, especially USB Loaders, which need to be modified to work on the vWii to make use of the vWii-specific cIOS's it uses. If you really feel it's necessary to make a WAD instead of using a boot.dol, use a USB Loader that's made specifically for the vWii as a base.

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you say no... but it might be ok if i use the latest usb loader and wii flow boot dols to convert into wads

like the ones in this guide... http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/

that is what i was thinking all along, that is all i want to do

im going to mod my brand new wii u soon and the only reason that i have not tried to mod it yet is because im waiting just to get a little bit of infomation about this question from this web site

if anyone else that has more than a 3 for their message count wants to tell me if i should try it or not try it than please say something because im going to try it soon

n1ckn4m3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no reason for you to noodle with it -- someone has already made both a complete channel for the latest USB Loader GX for vWii and a forwarder for USB Loader GX that works on the vWii (and have provided detailed instructions on how people can make their own).

You can find all of the vWii compatible and tested forwarders in this thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/forwarders-are-back.340226/

Additionally, take care when noodling with this -- as the previous posters mentioned, unless you know the WAD is built for and pre-tested for the vWii, it can cause problems (even installing just a forwarder, if the banner is corrupt you could bannerbrick the vWii and not be able to recover). As such, take specific care until such time as BootMii or Priiloader is updated to allow for a full nand backup and restore solution. Installing the wrong WAD (again, even just a forwarder!) can still brick your vWii.

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe someone that has at least heard of the wadder program can help me

where the moderators ?

any help ?

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you say no reason to re invent the wheel but if you read my message you would of seen why and that i have a very good reason

i see like always people here think like testers not like they run a business
not capable of being more than 1 demensional about wii modding if it doesnt suit their lifestyle then just flame

this site is just a bunch of little kids and haters that hang out here because they like to post messages

the people posting in this thread are only posting because they like to post messages

i guess this is all i get, not 1 moderator

i think i will be looking for another site that has moderators answering questions and less little children

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you actually opened and read this thread http://gbatemp.net/threads/forwarders-are-back.340226/ you would see that in the first post it contains the updated patches to allow vWii forwarders/channels to work properly. If you know how to build your own, do so. Make sure you include the updated vWii patches. As a precautionary measur, it's a good idea to test your wad in Wii or Dolphin emulator to prevent a banner brick, as there is no easy way to do a nand restore on vWii without speacial programming hardware.

Reactions: bezem and clay.r.08

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I don't have a Wii U but from what I understand it's only the system stuff like MIOS, BC, System Menu, IOS and cIOS that have any real RISK.

Even then, the instant IOS bricks I've heard about (other than things that had to do with the System Menu's IOS) have been because someone went the reverse route and installed a vWii IOS on a normal Wii.

Channels shouldn't have any risk as long as they've been tested on a normal Wii with some sort of backup protection for the corrupt banner issue (as you mentioned) The worst thing that could happen is the channel wouldn't actually run and you'd have to uninstall the channel.

I, of course, offer no guarantee but I've never seen anyone report having a channel brick the vWii. Some people are overly cautious and just don't want to install anything that didn't come straight from Nintendo or see that it's made specifically for vWii but I see no permanent risk with what you're talking about.

Reactions: clay.r.08 and Plunt

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a Wii U but from what I understand it's only the system stuff like MIOS, BC, System Menu, IOS and cIOS that have any real RISK.

Even then, the instant IOS bricks I've heard about (other than things that had to do with the System Menu's IOS) have been because someone went the reverse route and installed a vWii IOS on a normal Wii.

Channels shouldn't have any risk as long as they've been tested on a normal Wii with some sort of backup protection for the corrupt banner issue (as you mentioned) The worst thing that could happen is the channel wouldn't actually run and you'd have to uninstall the channel.

I, of course, offer no guarantee but I've never seen anyone report having a channel brick the vWii. Some people are overly cautious and just don't want to install anything that didn't come straight from Nintendo or see that it's made specifically for vWii but I see no permanent risk with what you're talking about.

Thanks Maxternal, im going to open the wii u box now and do the smash stack, i will be making a copy of my smash stack sd card because i heard nintendo added something that erases hackmi installer if you put sd card in to soon

i will follow this guide http://gbatemp.net/threads/basic-dos-and-do-nots-of-vwii-modding.339337/

i will soon be the first person in my city to offer both wii and wii u mod$

and if customers want loaders to mod their friends wii u than they are not gonna copy them from me, they are going to have to do their homework or pay me again

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks Maxternal, im going to open the wii u box now and do the smash stack, i will be making a copy of my smash stack sd card because i heard nintendo added something that erases hackmi installer if you put sd card in to soon

i will follow this guide http://gbatemp.net/threads/basic-dos-and-do-nots-of-vwii-modding.339337/

and if customers want loaders to mod their friends wii u than they are not gonna copy them from me, they are going to have to do their homework or pay me again
Yeah, I think Smash Stack is the only one it will delete out of the known working exploits but putting it in after the game's already started should be safe.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
You haven't said why you specifically don't want to use a forwarder. I don't understand what is wrong with forwarders.

It's already made and compiled for vWii, easy to update the app and takes up less room on your console...

Unless you don't have an SD in your Wii all the time, It's pretty much futile to have a full channel.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
You haven't said why you specifically don't want to use a forwarder. I don't understand what is wrong with forwarders.

It's already made and compiled for vWii, easy to update the app and takes up less room on your console...

Unless you don't have an SD in your Wii all the time, It's pretty much futile to have a full channel.
He charges for the time it takes to install on other people's consoles. It's a little obfuscation that makes it harder for his clients to figure out how to "pirate" his services :P

jay.d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey man sorry didnt reply sooner just forgot to check the forum for a day. but as n1ckn4m3 already pointed out i have made & updated to the latest version an full usb loader gx channel for the vwii.
heres the link. *removed link to bad version*
Now i havnt been able to figure out how to make a working wiiflow v4.1 channel so if you do let me know. but heres a perfectly good working wiiflow v3 full channel for vwii i made http://www.mediafire.com/?7y9m1zcncno8co7

hope that helps you. i will soon be making a lil tut on how to make full channels aswell as some of my own made channels.

ruiner9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you attack me for having a low post count and giving you accurate info, but then decide to go ahead and agree with a guy who doesn't even have a Wii U? You're just gonna keep asking till someone tells you what you want to hear, am I right? Have fun selling your un-upgradeable WADs to people who know just as much as you do.

Reactions: bezem and n1ckn4m3

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
He charges for the time it takes to install on other people's consoles. It's a little obfuscation that makes it harder for his clients to figure out how to "pirate" his services :P
Pirate his service? You've got to be fucking kidding me...

Ooohh, you've (clay.r.08) made a channel compatible with vWii. Big whoop. Doesn't mean you need to make money from it. Even if you're selling the service to install it, you are essentially selling the software along as the package.

What's stopping you from installing the official USB Loader GX full channel on a original Wii?

I understand, and give you credit, if you're doing it just to learn but to make money from it? What a hack.

Just work with it on your own accord (that is, don't ask questions here) and if you're successful, let the USB Loader GX team know about it and that way the file can be available for anyone.

Grow some balls pal.

Reactions: Scuba156 and bezem

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know sometimes they make upgrades that dont work, i like things to stay the same, better for customer to still play the games then call me and say its broke after a bad update, anyways i have used wads that can upgrade / reinstal with newer wad, i have also used wads that upgrade / reinstal with new boot dol in apps folder, and i purposely make sure i dont get a upgradable wad

urban dictionary
ruiner

A Ruiner is a person who habitually exhibits a desire to spoil or ruin things

please dont ruine this thread anymore

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
100251d1301351666-my-little-pony-friendship-magic-orbital-friendship-beam.jpg