Hardware Are IPS bottom screens extinct!? [for N3DSXL]

AKA-Link77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys have no idea how much of a pain this journey is to find an IPS bottom screen! I have been at it for 3 weeks! And nothing!
All I have been doing is: Buying;then returning, then buying again, then returning again! And sometimes when I go the next time, I unknowingly buy the same one I returned! I don't know what to do anymore... Are they extinct!? Has anyone bought one recently that has a IPS Bottom? I need one because I want to swap out my older TN bottom.

I live in the US and went to pretty much all the retailers available: "GStop", "WalMart", "Target", "BestBuy", the most I've gotten are IPS tops. I buy the basic Red/Black ones.
I remember doing this a couple months ago and succeeded in getting a bottom...
did I not get the memo or something, why are they so rare all of a sudden? Has Nintendo commented on this? I know that all the MonsterHunter Genertions were dual TNs and the Galaxy Edition seems to be that way too. The (small) MarioEdition had some DUAL IPS systems but I'm led to believe that those D.IPS were exclusive to Canada. Is this the case with the XLs now; is this the new procedure for the manufactures?

I havent been recording any of the serial numbers, but can I really identify off those? (I know that this was the case with the MarioN3DS because anything below QW7013 was a D.IPS in Canada)

Please answer or give me some tips.... Im losing my mind!

Questions I asked:
Are they extinct!?
Has anyone bought an XL within 3 months that has a IPS Bottom? (In the U.S)
Was there some sort of statement by Nintendo about this topic?
why are they so rare all of a sudden? (I have easily gotten a Bottom IPS before)
New manufacture procedure?
Is Canada being favored now?
Can serial numbers give clues now? (I know this wasnt the case before but what about now?)
Any Tips?
Chill pills.

icecreamcake

Trophies
XP
Country
Very few Galaxys have IPS screens. Nintendo might have gotten tired of people complaining so they want to make everything TN from now on.

qq12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I had a galaxy bottom ips. It's us set since all the ones in my country are imports. Qw1179 (I also have a dual with that serial)

AKA-Link77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I heard of some rare cases of Galaxy systems having one IPS but the U.S. seems to be isolated from that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn