Hacking Are Gateway+its clones' days numbered in terms of rom support?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In reaction to:

Nothing would prevent you from copying the same game to more SD cards, using different 3DSes.

You lock the file to that 3DS by encrypting the file with a unique key from the 3DS that it was purchased/downloaded on. This is pretty simple stuff.

Nismax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We'll see soon enough, Yoshi's Island and Kirby are Ninty's next big releases :)

That's what I as alluding to earlier. If carts are blocked from here on out, Yoshi's Island 2 is a good buy and people should be happy to buy it. Once you get that on your hands, what else is left? Not much. At least nothing that has been announced.

It's actually very sad to see virtually zero 3rd party support for Nintendo consoles now.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That's what I as alluding to earlier. If carts are blocked from here on out, Yoshi's Island 2 is a good buy and people should be happy to buy it. Once you get that on your hands, what else is left? Not much. At least nothing that has been announced.

It's actually very sad to see virtually zero 3rd party support for Nintendo consoles now.

excuse me but i think you are mistaken if that was the case 3ds wouldnt be on top of handhelds ,just check upcoming titles there is a huge game library on it and coming soon while ps vita struggle to present worthwile games as we see only ports and poor updates just to avoid psp piracy as if they will gain a lot by selling a psp title....

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
third party dev's are just getting their knickers in a twist because people buy stuff other than cod on nintendo consoles....they have forgot how do anything except cod clones.......personally i think nintendo should embrace the indie devs if the mainstream "developers" don't know how to produce quality games no more

Reactions: Nightwish

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Yeah. It's just that on top of always opting for less powerful hardware, Nintendo has never done a good job in combating piracy or having strong online support for games/features. All three of those things are big drawing points for third-party developers when it comes to other consoles/the PC.

third party dev's are just getting their knickers in a twist because people buy stuff other than cod on nintendo consoles....they have forgot how do anything except cod clones.......personally i think nintendo should embrace the indie devs if the mainstream "developers" don't know how to produce quality games no more
That's not true at all. The biggest indie scene as well as the biggest genre deviations have been on the PC for a long time.

xXMortalKombatXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, portable consoles are dying because of that, android is for the 3ds/vita what a PC is for x1/ps4

Yeah, I kinda read it wrong. My bad.

I don't think Nintendo has anything against indie developers, it's just that Nintendo consoles aren't the most accessible for them as compared to the PC or Android/iOS where a lot of open development is going on right now.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You guys are saying that the 3DS has no good upcomming games, well, EU wise there's plenty of good games being released in the next months.

March:
Yoshi's New Island;
Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright.

April:
Hometown Story (already released over there, but it's an awesome game for HM fans).

May:
Mario Golf;
Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millenium Girl (already released over there);
Kirby Triple Deluxe.

And some games announced to be released in 2014 but with no date yet:
Conception II;
SMT IV;
Shovel Knight.

Given that I bought Virtues Last Reward, Weapon Shop de Omasse, Ace Attorney 5 and Senran Kagura Burst just this past month, I won't be starving for games anytime while I wait for PLvsPW, HS and EOU.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Smash Bros. 4 too. That will sell tons of 3DSes by itself and I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to package in a new protection that would be more or less emulation proof to force GW users to update (which they would if they were fan boys).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup