Are Gateway and Emunand related?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gateway3DSPeru, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Gateway3DSPeru
    OP

Gateway3DSPeru Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2014
    Peru
    Hi guys,
    Im going to sell my gateway right now because im not using it, im planing to buy one in one month but I need the cash right now.
    I have a gateway 2.1 and Emunand 7.1, If I buy another gateway will I still be able to use emunand 7.1? Or I need to go back to my nand version?

Thanks

2. MGS1980

MGS1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    If you sell it and buy a new one, you will start over from scratch with your emuNAND on your new one. Right now with no definite ETA of when Gateway will release the fix to the incompatibility, it may be prudent to hold onto what you have right now.

IronClouds likes this.
  3. Gateway3DSPeru
    OP

Gateway3DSPeru Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2014
    Peru
    Hmmm I dont play online and I dont plan to do it, will I miss something if I lose emunand 7.1 besides that?

Thanks

4. json

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Your emunand is not coupled with your Gateway card. You can use another Gateway card and your emunand dump will work just fine.

Your emunand *IS* coupled with your 3ds, so you can not sell your 3ds and use your emunand on another 3ds.

5. Gateway3DSPeru
    OP

Gateway3DSPeru Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2014
    Peru
    Great! Thank you so much, everything is clear now
    :yaysp:

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You don't even need a Gateway to use emunand :P

7. SoumenPaul
    This message by SoumenPaul has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Aug 11, 2014, Reason: Spam.
    Jul 31, 2014
  8. CFallenleaf
    This message by CFallenleaf has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Aug 11, 2014, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Jul 31, 2014