Gaming are ds phats starting to become rare

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah and i kinda want one again but after thinking about the cost vs what im actually receiving, i usually decline to buy. they are just so terrible compared to later gen DS systems.

i owned about 4 of them over the years, the blue model being my favorite and one i played the most.

TyDye

Linux and 3DS geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah and i kinda want one again but after thinking about the cost vs what im actually receiving, i usually decline to buy. they are just so terrible compared to later gen DS systems.

i owned about 4 of them over the years, the blue model being my favorite and one i played the most.
yea the ds lite has better screens and looks better and the dsi adds many features (and so on with the 3ds family) but the main reason i like the ds phat is because it fells SO GOOD in the hands (also gba slot dosent stick out)

Reactions: Ryccardo

Paul N Andrea Bristall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They may be rare apart from in my house... i have 104 :rofl2: all in full working order except they all have broken hinges.

I brought them with the intention of fixing them, but the supplier i intended to buy the new housings from stopped doing them :rolleyes: now instead of shells being £4 each it's more like £12. so like the past 3 years they still sit in boxes collecting dust.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think so. Mine was assembled myself with the best parts from 3 broken ones got from friends around 2009, and for many years Gamestop didn't have them and neither does Cex (although they opened less than a year ago in Italy)
The classifieds here were also full of people selling their DS (almost always a Lite) with flashcard, nowadays they all disappeared...

Skv0ra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time flies. Besides nostalgia though, nothing CFW 3DS and a DS cart can't do these days, and form factor is pretty on-point. I wish we had other options besides EZ Flash for GBA though.... or I need to stop being lazy and hunt down a tabbed battery for my M3 to pop back into the Micro for that rad tiny experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night