1. alexander1970

alexander1970 Jodelhoiti....

Austria
    Hello.:)

Thank you for your Pictures and your detailed Informations.:)

Your Chip "seems" to be D2CKey.

http://www.wii-modchips.com/d2ckey.htm

Your sysCheck is also ok.

Thank you.:)

2. qbdp

qbdp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ya know, I always forget that battery is there. And I think you might be right.

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. ragnar14

OP ragnar14 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Nah, the batteries aren't dead. I had a friend walk through when I had both of the Wii's apart and he borrowed a used cr2032 off me. So I checked both of them with a multimeter and tossed him the best one. And then I slapped a mostly dead one into the Japanese system just to fill the hole, and even that one is still kicking.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention another clock oddity I had noticed. When I slapped the original drive back into the US Wii and turned it on, the system clock had regressed to the exact day/time it had when I pulled original drive and slapped the chipped one in.

Also I realized how I could check the Japanese systems date. Total brain fart, the system is blocking me from the settings, but not the save file manager. So I just pushed a SD card into the system and transferred a save over. The Japanese system seems like it *is not* doing anything weird with the system dates. It just thinks it's 2006 or whatever, cause the clock got reset when it didn't have a battery for a day or 2.

Oh neat, would anybody happen to know where I could find a "D2Ckey Base Disc"?

Or also, is there some sort of utility disc I could launch to run or install HBC or maybe Bootmii? Or hell, run syscheck. I doubt I'm going to figure out how to get the US system running right with the chip, so why not fix up the Japanese system a bit?

4. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

It's hard to say. Homebrew bootable discs do exist but they only boot on 3.2 and older System Menu versions. But clearly it's difficult to check when the settings menu is broken! Maybe try one of the different exploits? Although, loading one may be an issue with an outdated system menu that doesn't support SDHC...
    As for the settings menu not opening, this is probably a semi brick.

5. alexander1970

Austria
    Hello. 1111xmas_wink.gif

Maybe this helps a little:
    https://code.google.com/archive/p/d2project/downloads

Good Days. 1111smiley_emoticons_seb_zylinder.gif

ragnar14 and jeannotte like this.
  6. qbdp

qbdp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If it were mine, I'd do a NAND scan/dump for bad sectors and rebuild a new NAND with ohneschwanzenegger. Then run your exploit again.

7. ragnar14

OP ragnar14 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    That sounds like a reasonable way to dig yourself out of a semi-brick. I just need to find some way to run code on the system first. I'm currently just trying to run random exploits in hopes of stumbling upon one that works.

8. qbdp

qbdp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thats my point. If you start with a fresh NAND, you know nothing has been modified. Then run the required exploit depending on the firmware version number and region.

9. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    how do you replace the nand if you don't have an exploit?

10. ragnar14

OP ragnar14 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Well, I can run Eri HaKawai!
    But it doesn't run .dol files renamed as .elf files, it just runs elf formatted executables. Hackmii doesn't go anywhere, because lord knows what's on there, lol. I can't find SysCheckHDE formatted as an elf. But I've got a olllld wad manager that works!

It's ok, I'm pretty sure horses can ride on karts.

11. qbdp

qbdp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    That is a valid point. I reread the OP's posts and now understand that the syscheck that was posted was from the NTSC-U Wii, and not the Japanese Wii.

Doing some research, the D2CKey was not configurable. It did not come with a configuration disc. From the website on the Wayback Machine:
    Since all I'm trying to do is help, this doesn't seem appropriate. Good luck. I'm done.

12. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
  13. ragnar14

OP ragnar14 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I'm not even sure the old info that can be dug up is accurate, seeing as the chip doesn't seem to have regional compatibility. Or perhaps the chip is malfunctioning while on a higher firmwares.

You directly replied to post where I said I couldn't run code yet. Sorry that resulted in a small joke...?

Anyways, I'm guessing the system is on 4.something, just guessing from exploits that failed (not that I tried every little variant). Does anybody know of any disc exploits that can boot .dol files? I've gotten sick of looking for alternate versions of SysCheckHDE.

14. alexander1970

Austria
    Hello. 1111xmas_wink.gif

You can try a burned Copy from the Wii "Pink Fish" Disc for Example.:)

ragnar14 and yuyuyup like this.
  15. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    This can only be used with a chipped wii? That's interesting, is there anything else (just for the sake of interest)

16. alexander1970

Austria
    It is near impossible to get Originals from the "mysterious" Disc(s).:D

jeannotte likes this.
  17. metroid maniac

Smash Stack exploit works on any system menu version, but requires a <2GB non-SDHC SD card.

jeannotte, ragnar14 and alexander1970 like this.
  18. ragnar14

OP ragnar14 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Nice, I wouldn't have even thought to try Smash seeing as it's DVD9. And who has DL-DVDs laying around? But there must be a DVD5 rip for such a popular game.

Edit: No, who cares how popular Smash is. Such a rip is 100% gone from the internet here in 2020. But I've got a better idea, I can can just make my own rip, it's not like I need the game to *work* so amateur noob game destroying hacking should be fine.
    Trying to save this system I don't need and I'm never going to use much, sure is problematic.

Last edited by ragnar14, Dec 10, 2020
  19. metroid maniac

I remember seeing DVD5 rips back in the day, they dummy out all the Subspace Emissary cutscenes.

ragnar14 likes this.
  20. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If you can get into the save manager & transfer saves onto the system then I'd have thought one of the lego games would be good enough. I used indiana jones.

Last edited by smf, Dec 10, 2020
    ragnar14 and alexander1970 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - chipped, useful,