Hacking Are ALL Wii hardware models softmoddable?

tonespace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard a while back that there were some softmod-proof wii models that came out.
Are those models still softmod-proof or have newer softmod methods made ALL existing Wii models of all hardware variations, softmodable/hackable?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only hardware upgrade that Nintendo made was the new boot2 and system processes found in Wiis with serials higher than LU64. This change prevents BootMii from being installed as beta2 (but it can still be used as an IOS) and prevents old IOSes from being installed over current ones (ES verify patching and trucha-patching new IOSes can circumvent that in most cases).

As of recently, pretty much everything that can be done to an older-model Wii can be done on new LU64+ Wiis (installing boot2 BootMii being the only exception). There are guides in this forum for how to do that.

So if a friend buys a new Wii and you want to help him out, it's doable. If I had my choice I'd still prefer an older Wii for BootMii and easier softmodding.

tonespace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank guys for the quick and informative reply.
sure enough I do have a friend that just bought a wii and wants it modded.
I'll check the guides on here out..thanks again.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Szalkow said:
This change prevents BootMii from being installed as beta2 (but it can still be used as an IOS) and prevents old IOSes from being installed

what the hells beta2?
unsure.gif

you mean BOOT 2!!!

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
Szalkow said:
This change prevents BootMii from being installed as beta2 (but it can still be used as an IOS) and prevents old IOSes from being installed

what the hells beta2?
unsure.gif

you mean BOOT 2!!!
Yeah, oops. It's boot2. I think the confusion was from considering typing that LU64 Wii's had Boot2 vBeta4 or somesuch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all