Gaming Are all Pre-NXE consoles Jtaggable?

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've just bought a new 60GB Pro Jasper off eBay for £85 + £13 postage. lot is 0904X, team is FDOU and Dash is pre NXE. However what's bothering me is the cardbox it was in had Microsoft tape, which is making me wonder if it's a refurb. Console casing has the odd mark, same goes the HDD, spring on USB flash is broken and the power button isn't clickly/ needs to be pushed in further than on my Falcon. The console box itself had a clear circular seal on.

Have their been any pre NXE Jaspers with the patched CB's?

Do all the European refurbs have ABIR as the team?

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZombiePosessor said:
Check the dashboard/kernel number. If its 7371 or lower you're good to go.
I've left it on the language selection in case I decided to resell it. It's Pre NXE manufacturered Jan 2009, so will be 2.0.6690.0 or 2.0.6717.0. It was the CB which was worrying as I thought it might be a refurb. It's the build quality which is bothering me... It has the later seal intact under the front, so i'm guessing it's a replacement for a RROD console.

I starting to think it was a stupid thing to get, I should have just got another MB for my Falcon. Even more stupid is I decided not to put all my eggs in one basket, I found a new 0924X 120GB Elite on eBay at the same time which was £122 + £14. Why did I have such a stupid idea of wanting a Jtagged Jasper? I so regret updating my Falcon on Live.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dashboard is the usual metric but those built after mid June 2009 or that saw refurb (which is what might have happened here) on a similar timeframe of which we have no dates are unable to be JTAG hacked despite possibly still being at an earlier dash.

It might have been a failed return- what you describe sounds like someone pulled it apart/put it back together badly (maybe with a token sticker). Failing that it could just be a box; finding someone other than a 360 box to stick one in for shipping is annoying and I have given out various boxes to various friends (and got others myself) when they are shipping them around.

I suppose it is try it and see time. You only need to dump the first 2 megs of the NAND to test and it does not need JTAG wiring for just dumping the NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    @SylverReZ Yup. Been a longtime fan of Ween. Not a mega-fan by any means but I'm pretty familiar with most of their tunes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like the wee
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
    the L hdmi adapters work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bigger battery could defeat the need for weighted magnets tbf
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like holding girth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up...