Are all M3 Reals hard is insert?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by greasy, Dec 3, 2007.

Dec 3, 2007
  1. greasy
    OP

Newcomer greasy Member

United States
    I have had a M3DS for about a year and I love it. I bought a M3 Real for my brother-in-law for Christmas. I unboxed it to configure it for him and make sure it works. I got great service from Kick Gaming BTW. I was very under impressed, the Card was not as easy to insert and I had to pull it out of my DS lite. I never felt it “click” in. That may not have been a big deal if the Memory card was easy to get out, but I could not remove the memory card while the Real was in my system (turned off of course). On my M3DS I just pop the memory card out (I know some have had a spring issues) copy my data and pop it back in. I never have to remove M3DS at all. I and my Brother-in-law are straight upgamers we don't care about the PDA, Mp3, and movies part. So for some one like us I can't see why the Real is an improvement, I see it is a step back at least in cart design.

So are all Real this hard to get in and out or was it just this one?

Thanks

2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I hope it was just your one... If you find this topic back tomorrow I'll tell you about mine.

3. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Mine wedges in my DSLite's slot as well, but it still clicks just doesn't travel smoothly. I think shaving the sticker off the part that is sticking up through the case might fix it, but...

4. roadbusta

Member roadbusta GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yeah. I've found that my M3 real is hard to insert and remove. It is due to one of the chips sticking out the front of the card.

5. Kiljaeden

Member Kiljaeden GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    This was one of my concerns with the M3DS Real. The chip that isn't protected except for a thin sticker. I decided to stick with the Simply until the M3 team get their act together and sort out the slow GUI and cart design (if it ever gets solved).

6. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Mine isn't really hard to insert, but it's a pain to get out.

7. jaygee

Newcomer jaygee Member

United States
    mines fine

8. nds_gamerz

Newcomer nds_gamerz Advanced Member

United States
    all of the ones i ordered were kinda hard but i got use to it.

9. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Mine is a bit rough on the insertion, but it is fine. Not causing me any problems yet. Doesn't click out all the way though, so I have to use my fingertips to take it out.

10. harrypotter

Newcomer harrypotter Member

Australia
    Mine sometimes doesn't boot into M3R menu, so I have to remove and insert a few times to get it works, and indeed the sticking out of the chip is the problem, my R4 has no problem with this.

11. tomgibbes

Newcomer tomgibbes Member

United Kingdom
    So far my untested m3 (no sd card) seems fine. Inserting is fine and when you push firmly on it to remove it does pop up just not in the way the normal carts do, eg almost flying out.

12. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

Similar with my G6 Real, I do not think it will damage it and I don't think that its a design flaw, it's just not as good as retail cards but its not to the point where its unusable etc.