Hacking Are 4gb+ files still an issue?

qqq1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new on PS3 hacking. When I ran the test in multiman on my The Last of US disc it informed me that there is a large file. Is this still an issue? I've read about splitting the file but every thread I can find is 6+ years old. Will multiman autosplit files these days? If not, how do I get the file to my pc to split it manually? I guess I could try setting up an ntfs drive, haven't done that yet.

+I went ahead and copied it to the internal drive. I didn't get any errors or notices. I played the game for a couple hours and everything was fine. I guess either the large file is only used later on or large file issues have been fixed at some point.

Last edited by qqq1,

aytug25

Trophies
XP
Country
multiman is doing merge when you are copying in internal hdd and when you are copying on external hdd, it is doing split files.
for big files games, im using PS3 ISO TOOLS V2.2 program. it is turning games to iso games and doing 4 gb split thing, after that im putting the game on my external hdd (PS3ISO folder) and everything is working great.

Ohgr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you just use a NTFS Drive and use prepNTFS to read from that drive

Can you use large hard drives then if you use NTFS? I was going to buy a 2tb external but read about the NTFS support and now think I could go larger. Do you have to use prepNTFS everytime you turn the system on or only once after adding new content?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1