!dennaB
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, I recently got my wii modded and I just downloaded Okami. Only problem is that the .iso is in a .rar archive and I can't extract it (it says I don't have a particular system or something, it think it said I didnt have NTSAF pr NSTAF), so I was wondering, could I burn the archive straight to the DVD and will it work in my wii?

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
You wont be able to extract it to a FAT32 formatted drive, the size limit for that system is 4GB~, the ISO is bigger than that, I that's your problem. You can't burn the RAR file to a DVD and then play it, you need to burn the ISO extracted from the RAR.

Size for the scrubbed version of Okami: 3.93 GB (4,216,498,845 bytes), It may be too close to the 4GB, I'm not really sure, try with another HDD.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
lagman said:
Size for the scrubbed version of Okami: 3.93 GB (4,216,498,845 bytes), It may be too close to the 4GB, I'm not really sure, try with another HDD.
Doesn't matter, the game will still be over 4gb once it's extracted!

To convert a drive from FAT32 to NTFS you can do the following.

Goto start, run and type in the box

convert C: /FS:NTFS

Replace C: with whatever drive letter you need to convert. Agree to everything it says, then sit back and wait. If it is the C: drive you're converting then it will do the conversion when you reboot.

This IS safe, that said don't blame me if something does go wrong and you lose all your files. I've done it countless times and never had one fail, but if you have a power cut in the middle of the conversion you will lose everything.

This is all assuming you're running Windows 2000, XP or Vista. Earlier versions only supported FAT32 and as such will never be able to handle 4gb+ files.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep. Everything will be exactly the same but you'll be using a considerably better filesystem.

DONT DO FORMAT!

It's exactly as I said in my post!

convert c: /fs:ntfs

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
All your files will still be there after converting. That been said, ideally it is far better to format a drive to NTFS then to convert it from FAT32 to NTFS. I believe it's something to do with the cluster size.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
silent sniper said:
okay, but again, what do i use? I found a tutorial that says to use "FORMAT D:/FS:NTFS" nad you said "CONVERT D:/FS:NTFS"

D:/ is the drive I'm wanting to change
If you format you will lose everything. If you convert, there is a very small chance you will.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
It's definitely convert. I've done this at least a hundred times, if not more. I run a computer shop, this is how I make a living.
wink.gif

so for the D: drive it would be

convert d: /fs:ntfs

Just like that. If you format D: then you'll wipe the drive of everything.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
silent sniper said:
oh, okay. so that's everything I need to do?

how long does it take? are there any steps after I do this ihave to do?

Just make sure you have some free space for converting. Time length will vary as it depends on the size of the partition you are converting.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
That's it. That's all you need to do.

How long it takes depends on how big the drive is, how many files you have on it and how much free space there is.

Once it's finished, you can start using it right away.

Enjoy!

Edit : If you have anything on there that is really that important then make a backup of it first. Copy it to another drive or burn it to disk.

If it's that important you should be backing it up regularly anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)