Homebrew Emulator Archive of old versions of RetroArch Wii (RA-Wii)

Tsuyoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tsuyoshi

Are you booting RA from forwarder channel or through Homebrew Channel?
Through Homebrew Channel.

Loading ROMs from USB doesn't seem to work at all. So I copied a few to the SD card, and tried them out.

Sailor Moon (arcade) - works
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike - exits back to Retroarch menu
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo - works
The Last Blade 2 - crashes, with randomly colored pixels on the screen

I tried using the sideways Wii remote as a controller for Sailor Moon, and it didn't really work. The D-pad worked for navigating the Retroarch menu but not in the game itself. Also, the + and - buttons (mapped to start and insert coin) did not work in the game. I was able to map the A and B buttons to start and insert coin, but it was still pretty useless without being able to use the D-pad. So I plugged in a Classic Controller Pro, and that seemed to work perfectly. By default, only the D-pad on the Classic Controller worked for movement, but I was also able to map the left stick to movement. Given my experience with Sailor Moon, I didn't bother trying to use the plain remote for the other games.

So... it's a little rough around the edges, but it basically works.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Through Homebrew Channel.

Loading ROMs from USB doesn't seem to work at all. So I copied a few to the SD card, and tried them out.

Sailor Moon (arcade) - works
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike - exits back to Retroarch menu
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo - works
The Last Blade 2 - crashes, with randomly colored pixels on the screen

I tried using the sideways Wii remote as a controller for Sailor Moon, and it didn't really work. The D-pad worked for navigating the Retroarch menu but not in the game itself. Also, the + and - buttons (mapped to start and insert coin) did not work in the game. I was able to map the A and B buttons to start and insert coin, but it was still pretty useless without being able to use the D-pad. So I plugged in a Classic Controller Pro, and that seemed to work perfectly. By default, only the D-pad on the Classic Controller worked for movement, but I was also able to map the left stick to movement. Given my experience with Sailor Moon, I didn't bother trying to use the plain remote for the other games.

So... it's a little rough around the edges, but it basically works.
Try running from a forwarder channel on the Wii System Menu.
Maybe @RunningSnakes's thread has one for this one?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/runningsnakes-forwarder-channels.601656/

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It booted to me no issue (remember to erase or move away config files, tends to cause issues) and I tried it a few minutes, more specifically the 32x picodrive and snes9x next.

Picodrive seems... better and worse. Better in the sense that things like knuclex chaotix's character select screen isn't glitched up, worse in that it loses frames in places where before it didn't seem to do so. The sound hissing is still there.

Snes Next I only tried to see if my modded DKC3 MSU1 with the GBA ost worked better and it seems to be fine now, or at least the frame rate doesn't chug on the overworld like before.

It would be nice to know what changes this version has, because saying "fixed" is quite unclear.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I have a question. @SaulFabre

which version is best for neo-geo? (MVS)
Better use RA-HEXAECO by @SuperrSonic. (sorry for late reply)
Post automatically merged:

Added RetroArch Wii v1.11.1 and RetroArch Wii v1.12.0 versions to the RetroArch archive folders.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I don't like it, it takes a long time to load, I ask because I use the retroarch 1.7.6 core in wiiflow, it works very well but I have problems with the routes. Anyway thank you very much
for RA on WiiFlow, better ask @RunningSnakes, he could help you with that ;)

Reactions: Shoche

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Sorry, I should have checked before posting. I think you got these.
i checked. official packages of v1.7.x are the only ones i dont have, i have the ones from @rogerioronin (MundoWiiHACK). I will upload these from that page u told me too.

Reactions: AdamCatalyst

Shadow-Zero

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands
So in the last days i was trying hard to find and archive some good old versions of official LibRetro's RetroArch Wii (which is the multi-system emulator RetroArch ported to Nintendo Wii).

Since i noticed that newer versions of vanilla RetroArch Wii are now "trash", "useless", "broken", "garbage", "junk", etc... I decided to pick up by myself most old versions of RA Wii.

Special thanks goes to my friends @RunningSnakes and @rogerioronin (from the Brazilian blog MundoWiiHACK) for having stored these old versions, which these have the luck of having them archived anywhere on the Internet, since on the Libretro Buildbot they don't have these old versions anymore.
Also thanks to the archiving websites Internet Archive and Wayback Machine for having some old versions archived on the net.

If you want to check these old versions, download and try them on your Wii, here's a folder with these: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TVHDMOqsJIpRcyNO3D-Pd8z3KzvxL_Jw
A mirror link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/fa47ygavs06s3

Enjoy!!! :D

saulfabreg - @SaulFabre
Shouldn't https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1aqh6plc1cifd/RA-HEXAECO_SuperrSonic_archives/ also be added here in the opening post? :) (came across it at https://gbatemp.net/threads/older-ra-hexaeco-builds.617726/#post-9918058 yesterday, but couldn't find it back today ugh! XD )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑)