Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Archer MacClean has been around for years. This guy has created such classics as Dropzone, IK+ as well as Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker which still gives many modern Snooker games a run for their money, ditto for his Pool title too. Recently he also did Mercury for the PSP which was also pretty damn good.

QUOTE said:
A futuristic racing game for the Wii home video game system. Players can choose from three modes of play: Solo, Race, and Battle. In Race mode, players compete against seven computer-controlled AI cars, while Battle mode is an all-out, futuristic demolition derby, using spectacular weapon. In Solo mode, players try to ignite jet thrusters with boost pads to accelerate "into the zone," with phantom cars and racing lines to help set lap records.

* SOLO mode - with phantom cars and racing lines to guide you.
* RACE mode – go head-to-head against 7 friends or computer AI drivers.
* BATTLE mode - blast your opponents with massive weapons.
* 30 levels of dramatic racing action.
* Roller coaster race tracks with loops, twists, and hairpin turns.
* Stunning terrains set on colorful planets, floating asteroids, and space stations.
* Progressive level-unlock structure – play your way to the top of the innovative 3D pyramid menu.
* Engine upgrades and other car mods - over 160 variations to 6 basic cars.
* Off-track secret bonuses and hidden shortcuts.
* Use boost pads to make incredible jumps and accelerate into the SPEED ZONE!
* Revisit unlocked tracks with enhanced cars to set an overall Apex Score Rating.
* Unlock all levels, find all the secrets, earn all the bonuses and medals – it could take months!
* UP TO 8 PLAYERS (split screen) in Race and Battle modes using 4 Wii Remotes™ plus any combination of 4 Nunchuks™, Classic Controllers, Nintendo GameCube™ controllers, or Logitech® Speed Force Wireless™ force feedback racing wheels.

That is a lot of nice features...8 player split screen? WTF?

There is already a review here which scored itan amazing 94%. To be honest I've never even heard of the site and after sifting through some pages I can see why, its really out of date in terms of reviews, most of the games they review are either digital releases or were released a while ago. Saying that they seemed to be able to review a game well, well compared to the hacks that write for IGN.

QUOTEWhere do I start to summarise such a land mark title on the Wii? Well the pictures and videos seen to date on this game do not do it justice by far. The game has to be seen running to believe that a Wii could produce a game of such graphical quality grace.

With so many “family” and “cutesy” games and bad ports bombarding the Wii, Speedzone is a refreshing change and a nod to the hardcore gamer that the money spent on Nintendo’s latest console is now somewhat justified.

Speedzone is an addictive, aurally superb, graphically spectacular title for the Wii that sits head and shoulders about all those cooking and horse grooming titles in your Wii collection your kid sister plays.

Believe the hype. Get in the Zone!

Hype? Never heard of the game until now and I think I'm pretty much "up" on Wii news. Here are some images, they look a bit N64+ which is confusing because pretty much every site that has played it says it looks great. I understand it looking like that in 8 player mode but some of these shots aren't 8 player shots.

speed-zone-2.jpg
speed-zone-3.jpg

speed-zone-4.jpg
speed-zone-6.jpg

Mmm even in motion it looks N64+ but still its gameplay that counts and there is something that is drawing me to this game despite it being by MacClean's. The game is said to be released at the end of July. Will this be one of few Wii racing games to give a damn about?

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Fingers crossed this ones good! His older classics like snooker were amazing, Used to waste hours playing that on the amiga
biggrin.gif

ThatOtherPerson

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thatotherdev.com
XP
Country
Canada
The special effects (especially the explosions) look bad but I actually think the cars and environments look pretty good for Wii. Anyways the game seems like it could be fun. Thanks for posting this. I was wondering what it was like. I saw it on the list of soon to be out games at IGN but they didn't have any screens or vids of it.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
This looks pretty good, the effects aren't gonna be the best due to Wii's limitations. I think its gonna be a multiplayer thing, the solo player side could possibly wear very thin, very quickly. But hey, as long as it's not a complete bomber, I'll take it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over