Archer MaCleans Speed Zone

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Jun 30, 2009.

Jun 30, 2009

Archer MaCleans Speed Zone by Hadrian at 7:41 PM (691 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Archer MacClean has been around for years. This guy has created such classics as Dropzone, IK+ as well as Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker which still gives many modern Snooker games a run for their money, ditto for his Pool title too. Recently he also did Mercury for the PSP which was also pretty damn good.

Hype? Never heard of the game until now and I think I'm pretty much "up" on Wii news. Here are some images, they look a bit N64+ which is confusing because pretty much every site that has played it says it looks great. I understand it looking like that in 8 player mode but some of these shots aren't 8 player shots.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Mmm even in motion it looks N64+ but still its gameplay that counts and there is something that is drawing me to this game despite it being by MacClean's. The game is said to be released at the end of July. Will this be one of few Wii racing games to give a damn about?

2. crezwell

Member crezwell GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    No, never heard of it either til now. I'll give it a go tho if its as good as they make out

3. rustybanana

Member rustybanana GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Fingers crossed this ones good! His older classics like snooker were amazing, Used to waste hours playing that on the amiga [​IMG]

4. ThatOtherPerson

Newcomer ThatOtherPerson Advanced Member

Canada
    The special effects (especially the explosions) look bad but I actually think the cars and environments look pretty good for Wii. Anyways the game seems like it could be fun. Thanks for posting this. I was wondering what it was like. I saw it on the list of soon to be out games at IGN but they didn't have any screens or vids of it.

5. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    This looks pretty good, the effects aren't gonna be the best due to Wii's limitations. I think its gonna be a multiplayer thing, the solo player side could possibly wear very thin, very quickly. But hey, as long as it's not a complete bomber, I'll take it!