Nollog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The 6 AR Cards have been revealed:
arcards.jpg
Noticeably missing is the Mii card they showed at Nintendo World in Japan.
But I guess that shows that it's relatively easy for Nintendo to re-program a Game Card to do what they like.

No idea what any of them do except for the shooting gallery (? Block).

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I don't think they do more than make a figure appear on top of them.

Being already bundled, they're probably just for exhibition.

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pretty sure I read somewhere, theres going to be 16 in total, but the initial 6 will be released with the console, then there'll be more to come as more games get released. hope this is true.

my christ I hope there's a pikmin for the 3ds!!! F%*&%G EXTREEEEEME!!!

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
fishykipper said:
pretty sure I read somewhere, theres going to be 16 in total, but the initial 6 will be released with the console, then there'll be more to come as more games get released. hope this is true.

my christ I hope there's a pikmin for the 3ds!!! F%*&%G EXTREEEEEME!!!

I 2nd the Pikmin 3DS - DO WANT!!

D

Deleted_171835

This is pretty awesome.
I'm pretty sure that there are different videogame characters on each AR card so that so and so character pops up in the AR game. I'm just guessing, though.

SatanicSaint

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
http://tinycartridge.com/post/3357113139/d...-those-ar-cards

QUOTE said:
“The ? card launches the program in AR games. You’re then given six options for six games. One of those games places Miis into the real world. You can move them around with the stick and change their pose with face buttons. Sadly there’s no animation — it’s like static statues. You can also move around in real space to change the angle of the look you have on them, and then take photos of the Miis.

There’s also a program which lets you do the same. All those cards do is bring Samus, Kirby, Mario etc out into the world. Again - static statues, and you can change their pose with the face buttons. You can also take pictures. I managed to get all the cards/characters to appear at once, which I thought was quite cool. There’s some cool sound effects from their games when the characters appear, too.

So, that’s what they do. The character cards aren’t games, but the character card bit — I think it’s called “Star Viewer” — is one of the ‘six’ AR games.”

Nollog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So that's part of the Mii thing they showed off in Japan then.
So we still have 4 more AR Games to find out about.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ramonra said:
I don't think they do more than make a figure appear on top of them.

Being already bundled, they're probably just for exhibition.
They will probably unlock some extra features in later 3DS games. Remember the e-Reader?

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
Veho said:
They will probably unlock some extra features in later 3DS games. Remember the e-Reader?

It could be, let's hope so. But atm, it's just as I said. There's no way they were gonna throw six games for free.

HAHAHA..heavens no though the ? block game will be alright with me..But as I have said on like three other threads...This is an excellent game play mechanic....

...you hear me developers...USE THIS!!!

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The AR cards are amazing bits of kit, i tried the block one and the shooting Mini game was pretty fucn actually, i could see games coming with AR cards in the future to feature little side games and such...could you imagine a resi one where 3D zombies are coming at you in your own world???!!! that would ROCK!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1