AR Codes on M3?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by HR_Shadow, Sep 24, 2006.

Sep 24, 2006

AR Codes on M3? by HR_Shadow at 7:28 PM (1,175 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. HR_Shadow
    OP

Newcomer HR_Shadow Advanced Member

United States
    Is it possible to use AR Codes on an M3 Adapter? if so, how?

2. Fondue

Newcomer Fondue Advanced Member

I do not believe it is possible at this point in time. (Note: I am just presuming.)

But, because of M3's ability to play an NDS game while "reading" a gba game (The whole, "if you have x gba game in the slot, you will get benefits in y nds game), you could theoretically be pulling AR codes from the gba "game" to the nds game. But the gba "game" would actually be a homebrew DS AR application.

Note: This is all theory, and I might not actually know what the hell I am talking about.

Edited: I edited this post so that it would make more sense. ...and to add the disclaimer that I could be completely wrong. In fact, you should wait for a real answer, and not go by anything I have said.

3. RyuKakashi

Member RyuKakashi GBAtemp Fan

United States
    goto gbadev.org forums there's a whole thread on dipstar

dipstar is the cheat system used by m3

you can easily convert AR codes into dipstar codes

4. HR_Shadow
    OP

United States
    I can't find how to convert the codes to dipstar format in that post. I've heard of using ARcrypt to convert AR codes to some type of Format i don't know, and then save it as a .cht file, but I don't know where to go from there. [​IMG]

5. RyuKakashi

United States
    Mmm i don't think ar crypt is meant for DS.

it's a simple matter of changing a few digits depending on what kind of code

i'm sorry i can't recall it but it is within that thread.

NDSMAS.EXE that comes with dipstar to get master code.
    AR website to get codes for your game to convert.

the thread is a long read but it should get you to where you need.

6. HR_Shadow
    OP

United States
    Oh, ok. So the post there should say how to convert the code?

7. Fondue

I just wanted to say thanks everyone for not flaming the hell out of me for being wrong.

This community kicks ass.

8. Fondue

It looks like it only works for EZ-FLASH and USBLine. (I have never heard of USBLine).

(Plus the other passme/nopass limitations.)

It is cool that they got it working for that though. (Unfortunately for me though, I do not have the required hardware.)

Edit: Or maybe I am a moron. I have not seen that it is compatible with the m3 so far, but I will keep reading.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, there is a workaround for the M3 on page 5 of that post.

9. HR_Shadow
    OP

United States
    You're not a moron, I think the post is just abit out of date, b/c according to more recent things I've read, it just didn't work with M3 SD and CF perfect, but works with the newer M3s.

10. Fondue

I read that Dipstar will actually be integrated into m3 in the future. The beta of it has even been released.

Edit: And yeah, that post must be really outdated. Latest version of the software I found was 5.12ff

11. RyuKakashi

United States
    The stuff is outdated yes, it should work on most/all things by now. When you finish the whole thread and get the latest and read look in the manual folder u'll see support for many carts.

As for dipstar being integrated into the future, it technically already is. Your m3 loader should already have an enable cheat function, although I hear it doesn't work too well.

No one cares enough for cheats/dox/trainers nowadays. dualscene.net has a tiny dipstar cheat database.

12. Fondue

I have always enjoyed using cheat devices. Games like Zelda 64 were made 100x more fun being able to jump at will, enlarge yourself to the size of a giant, change your tunic color, all that fun stuff. Levitation and infinite hover boot was a lot of fun. It like like playing a whole new game. (Well, not really, but you could get closer to the mario pictures in zelda's castle, go through the gerudo fortress as a kid, things like that.)

Anyone else into that stuff? Or am I alone?

Edit: Hoverwalking through the world adds that touch of "I am a supreme badass" that I desperately crave.

13. JesterDev

Member JesterDev GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I actually had fun back in the day with the game genie and SMB. There where codes to create all new levels, and well some where not not playable. I used to spend hours making my own codes and seeing what happened. But still, using cheat codes to change the game a bit is always fun. Cheating in general is a bit boring I think. Even if I use just one cheat, I end up using the others and ruining the game all together because it makes it just too easy..