APX Driver Fails to instal (TegraRCMGUI)

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Wifilord987, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Wifilord987
    OP

Wifilord987 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2018
    United States
    >Windows 10 x64
    >TegraRCMGUI

I previously had success installing the driver a few times and running payloads easily. But i uninstalled the driver and TegraRCMGUI because its not my personal computer and I dont want my dad thinking im installing viruses.

Can anybody help ke understand why the driver fails to install each time I try now? .

2. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    have you try restarting the pc , or installing first tegra the connecting the usb and after that the program recongnize that there a missing driver ?

3. Wifilord987
    OP

Wifilord987 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2018
    United States
    Sorry not to be rude but can you rephrase your question i do not understand most of it. And yes i have tried restarting my Pc

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It does recognize therws a missing driver but fails to install each time

4. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    Is you switch connected to the cable and the cable to the pc , when fails ?

5. Wifilord987
    OP

Wifilord987 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2018
    United States
    Yes but i have tried with and without the cable connected and the driver installation still fails.

6. mcmrc1

mcmrc1 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    Germany
    opened with admin rghts ? right click -> open as admin ?

7. Wifilord987
    OP

Wifilord987 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2018
    United States
    Yes i tried both ways. Its strange because it worked like 3 times before

mcmrc1 likes this.
  8. ExploitJunkie

ExploitJunkie GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    This might help for your driver issue. Go into RCM mode and plug in your USB from switch to PC choose APX in device list and arrow down and use libusbK (v3.0.7.0) after install APX should show up under device manager.

9. mcmrc1

mcmrc1 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    Germany
    Maybe try installing the driver via zadig -> https://zadig.akeo.ie/ also run as admin and maybe you must select show all devices.

10. Wifilord987
    OP

Wifilord987 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2018
    United States
    It said driver installation cancelled by user when in fact i did not cancel it.
    Im just gonna try to get my hands on a cheap laptop. Will a chrome book work?

Didnt work

11. ExploitJunkie

Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    Try a different cable and also check to see if there's any conflict that shows up in device manager.

12. Wifilord987
    OP

Wifilord987 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2018
    United States
    AFAIK imstalling drivers dont require you to have any device connected or cables. And it does show up in device manager as APX and not having any drivers installed

13. ExploitJunkie

Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    Ill take it you don't install many USB devices to your PC very much. I often get devices for PCs where manufacturers include that as part of the install process. Read this https://github.com/rajkosto/TegraRcmSmash scroll down and read driver setup.

14. Wifilord987
    OP

Wifilord987 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2018
    United States
    Ah well i see. But i did plug it in and APX did show up in the list and i chose that driver and it said "user cancelled installation" when in fact I did not cancel it.

Do i need to install An APX driver if I get my hands on a chrome book?

15. ExploitJunkie

Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    Have no experience with using this on a chrome book my friend, but wont hurt to try it at least it. If its even possible, Not sure?

Do you have an android phone perhaps?

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Speaking from experience, I've had this occur to me on my Windows 7 PC and Laptop where both refused to install the drivers. After randomly toying around with the USB ports from both computers, eventually it installed the drivers onto my W7 PC. But I didn't really do anything noteworthy to get it work, it just sort of happened.

I've also seen other Windows 10 users struggle from getting the drivers to install too with no clear reason why no matter how much help was offered. If you have really set up everything properly and the drivers are not being installed, it may be worth using something else to send payloads with like an Android, iOS, or another Windows OS in the meantime.

17. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    You cant use tegrasmash on a chromebook. You may get lucky using the android app but i dont know how youd turn on OTG in a chromebook. Its not windows you know

18. Wifilord987
    OP

Wifilord987 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2018
    United States