Gaming April Update Question.

Ivoire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've an old unbanned 360. Will updating either through Xbox Live or offline (Official) update ban and or cripple the system and hard-drive?

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
You should flash it with latest firmware first.
Depending how old it is you may be able to jtag it, have you played wave 4 games and do you have the avatar dashboard?

Ivoire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's already the latest I believe, Hitachi 1.51.
Sadly, the dashboard has been updated before for the NXE/avatar dash, and there's no chance of jtag-ing it unless a new way turns up somewhere along the 360's life. x.x

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ivoire said:
Sadly, the dashboard has been updated before for the NXE/avatar dash, and there's no chance of jtag-ing it unless a new way turns up somewhere along the 360's life. x.x

The update that killed JTAGing capability came long after the one that added NXE/avatars. Just having NXE doesn't mean anything. Check the version number before throwing in the towel.

Ivoire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbgtbg said:
Ivoire said:

The update that killed JTAGing capability came long after the one that added NXE/avatars. Just having NXE doesn't mean anything. Check the version number before throwing in the towel.

Not possible, sadly. So... is updating via Xbox Live alright? >.>;

Ivoire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks DarkCrudus.

I downloaded it perfectly, now I'll just have to wait to apply it... 2 RRoD, one of the fan's must be busted. The Xbox Drama continues! xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol