Apps that have stopped working recently....

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by PPSainity, Jul 28, 2010.

Jul 28, 2010
  1. PPSainity
    OP

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    Upgraded BootMii and HBC using the new HackMii Installer v0.7. Firmware was upgraded using Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.3b without applying the patches to the SysMenu. Since I did not apply a SysMenu Patches, I did uninstall DVDx before upgrading the Firmware as it would of got deleted by the 4.3 SM anyways.

After applying the above changes, I noticed two apps stopped working:

*FTPii v0.0.21: It will fail upon a directory LIST command and stall the data connection. The FTP function in WiiXplorer still works fine however, despite being based on the same code.

*SysCheck v1.6.2: Fails midway during its IOS check and reboots the Wii. It creates a csv file, but the log ends before any IOS information would listed. Alternatively the SysCheck feature in DOP-Mii still works fine.

I haven't done any testing yet, but it has been mentioned that at least as far as FTPii goes, the recent failure is due to a dependency on DVDx. If DVDx is indeed needed, then I guess it can be easily re-installed using the older HackMii Installer v0.6 and SM4.3 can be patched to not delete it via Priiloader and a recent 4.3 Hacks.ini.

Has anyone else noticed any other apps that have stopped working recently? Can you determine why those apps stopped working, be it due to DVDx being uninstalled or something else?

I got some playing around with DVDx when I get home, I'll post back my findings....

-[]D

2. BobTheJoeBob

Member BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

United Kingdom
    It can't be dvdx, after the update it doesn't need dvdx installed to be able to use it. (or something like that)

3. PPSainity
    OP

Canada
    Keep in mind that these programs where compiled before the updates dhewg refers too. While I'm not sure if SysCheck is in the same boat as FTPii, the apps' dependency on DVDx is itself dependent on how that app was specifically was written, and when it was compiled

I'm about to re-install DVDx on my Wii and see if the two programs start to work again....will post results later.

-[]D

*edited for better phrasing

4. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Just wait for the new versions of these applications published... They just need a recompile against the new patches in libogc... No sense in installing dvdx as it's already pronounced dead...

5. PPSainity
    OP

Canada
    I hope these apps do get updates. I really like FTPii as I can easily start it with a forwarder and then run over to my PC. With WiiXplorer, since I don't like to set it up to enable FTP automatically (I have anal reasoning behind this) the extra step to enable the FTP server is just one extra step I'd like to avoid. Also the WiiBrew page for SysCheck stated that 1.6.2 was the final version, hope not [​IMG] as I like the extra info SysCheck gives over Dop-Mii.

-[]D

6. PPSainity
    OP

Canada
    Okay, so I re-installed DVDx v2 and FTPii v0.021 started working again, yay! SysCheck v1.6.2 however, still did not work. I guess that SysCheck must be running into trouble with the new IOS revisions from the 4.3 firmware update so during the IOS check it errors out and the Wii reboots....oh well.

-[]D

7. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
  8. dn_angel000

Member dn_angel000 Phantom User

United States
    U don't need Priiloader anyomre!! lol All u do is reinstall HBC with HackMii Installer v6 then u'll b booted back in2 the HBC and the update will ask if u want 2 update 2 v1.0.7 and there u go!! lol Provided u use the Smash Stack or Indiana PWNS exploits 4 the install!! lol

EDIT: U don't need 2 reinstall Bootmi (Boot2/IOS) it will do that automatically!! lol Just install the v1.0.7 update over the HBC v1.0.6!! lol

9. PPSainity
    OP

Canada
    Again, I don't see what this has to do with this thread, no one said anything about re-installing BootMii. You are right however, in that you don't need to re-install BootMii as Boot2 if it's still there or update the SD Files as the updated SD files and BootMii/IOS is installed automatically when HackMii Installer v0.7 starts. But we are going off-topic here...

-[]D