Homebrew Apps that are not hosted on Wiibrew

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So WiiBrew has removed a lot of apps because of the new rules about patched IOS.

What exactly has been removed ?
TBR ? PriiLoader ? WiiSCU ? Dop-Mii ? Xyzzy ?

Where do people intend on uploading these files ? Or where are they already hosted ?

There are a few on FileTrip and a site similar to WiiBrew (but needs built up a bit) is ShadyBrew that I'm pretty sure won't go rushing out to remove things. Also this site has a wiki....

Come to think of it USB loaders, Triiforce etc have never been allowed on WiiBrew and a lot more legal apps.

I'm only posting because I think we all need to get together and find a home for these apps. Now I know devs like a link to their google code pages usually, but we need a repo of even links to where to get everything or we will see a lot more posts here and on other sites where people don't know whats available, how to do things or where to get the apps from without having 100 links.

Before everyone start uploading to lots of diff sites, why not try to figure out what site suits the needs best first?

Discuss......

ismaelWii

Trophies
Website
www.ismaro3.es
XP
Country
You're right. What were they thinking about? No cIOS. Bahh, they're crazy.
If you visit TBR page in WiiBrew: deprecated, and the idea of this tool is already redonkulous
angry.gif

Bah, ShadyBrew looks like a good wiki to put information about apps.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I like the idea of ShadyBrew, this is funny and could be a good complement to Wiibrew. It lacks its own forum though.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well ShadyBrews "problem" the way i see it is that it's ran by only Nicksasa.

He's a great guy but studies come first, then he maintains and contributes on a LOT of apps too ... time seems to be the issue imho, if the majority of people thought SB was a good alternate host now then we'd need to all contribute a little time.

Let's wait and see how much interest their is.

I myself have downloaded lots of things so won't need anywhere now...but what about in the future. We don't want things spread out over zillions of sites without a small compact/clean and easy to naviget "hub" for our info/downloads.

There's a guy on this site (sorry forgot your name m8) that already collects all links to downloads. Here's his site:
http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/
I don't know for sure but having a quick look he manages to stay fairly up-to-date.

Anyway, thanks for the couple of replies, lets see if anyone is interested or has an opinion of what next
smile.gif

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadyBrew is the way to go! Anyone can add information there provided you register first. If everyone chips in it could even be better than WiiBrew
nyanya.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ether2802 said:
Why nobody likes filetrip...???
wtf.gif
I like Filetrip, for downloading the file directly when I know what I'm looking for.
But, I'm all for Shadybrew to reference and help users, like Wiibrew has : "how to use", "changelog", etc.

GBAtemp also have a wiki, but it feels different and I'm sure nobody will go here to search program and informations.

QUOTE(luminalace @ Aug 17 2010, 09:31 AM) How come shadybrews homepage hasn't been updated since October 2009?
It wasn't really needed as the homebrew were on wiibrew or googlecode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat