heibai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

I just bought a 3.4U Wii with serial # LU65. I tried Twilight Hack and installed HBC, wad manager successfully. Then I tried to install the softwii 2.1.1. (Unfortunately, at that time, I was following old instructions and didn't realize softmii 2 could not be applied to the LU65+.) The preloader could not be installed. So I installed cIOScorp1.01. The installation itself was successful.

Then I could not enter any channel, including the Homebrew channel. It simply black-screened after I hit the "start". I tried to load a Wii Sports and it asked me to upgrade. I accepted and hoped it will overwrite the wrong thins I applied. After that, I can play Wii Sports but for all the other channels, it still gave me black-screen. And I tried Wii Fit. It didn't work either.

I tried to use bannerbomb to install the HBC again. After I press Yes for installation, I got only black screen.

I believed the cIOScorp1.01 messed me up. It updated cIOS09~15, cIOS17, 20, 21, 22,28,30,31,33,34,35,36, cIOSbugfix37,38,53,55. It must be one or some of these updates. I thought if I have an access to the wii software, I can replace them with the correct one. However, I don't have the Homebrew channel and no bootmii...

Hope someone could help me out.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, well lu64+ wiis cannot downgrade ios's. I don't see how it didn't permanent brick your wii. Use Smashstack, if SSBB will load, maybe try the savemii technique and use a brawl iso file and turn it to autoboot, maybe it will boot.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
heibai said:
Hey,

I just bought a 3.4U Wii with serial # LU65. I tried Twilight Hack and installed HBC, wad manager successfully. Then I tried to install the softwii 2.1.1. (Unfortunately, at that time, I was following old instructions and didn't realize softwii 2 could not be applied to the LU65+.) The preloader could not be installed. So I installed cIOScorp1.01. The installation itself was successful.

Then I could not enter any channel, including the Homebrew channel. It simply black-screened after I hit the "start". I tried to load a Wii Sports and it asked me to upgrade. I accepted and hoped it will overwrite the wrong thins I applied. After that, I can play Wii Sports but for all the other channels, it still gave me black-screen. And I tried Wii Fit. It didn't work either.

I tried to use bannerbomb to install the HBC again. After I press Yes for installation, I got only black screen.

I believed the cIOScorp1.01 messed me up. It updated cIOS09?15, cIOS17, 20, 21, 22,28,30,31,33,34,35,36, cIOSbugfix37,38,53,55. It must be one or some of these updates. I thought if I have an access to the wii software, I can replace them with the correct one. However, I don't have the Homebrew channel and no bootmii...

If those are indeed all of the IOS's it installed, then I suppose it didn't touch IOS50, which is the only reason your Wii is not bricked right now. Pretty much all of those other IOS's are presumably dead IOS's now. (which would be why everything black screens, because the IOS they use are now dead.)

See if you can run dop-IOS v7 or a wad manager instead of the hackmii installer through bannerbomb without just getting a black screen. If you can, see if you can install legit official RECENT IOS's of all of those IOS's over those dead ones. If dop-IOS runs, see if you can just at least install the IOS's and say no to patching the sig hash check in any of them. If you can only run wad manager, get all of those latest IOS's from NUSD packed to wad's and install those.

Edit: Also, it's Softmii, not Softwii, it's a guide, not something you install and even at that, it doesn't get much respect here.

heibai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the replies.

Softmii is OK. It's just my mistake.

I actually tried to run the wad manager with bannerbomb. It black screened. I'll try the Dop-IOS.

I also tried the system update. The progress bar stopped in middle and showed me "Error: 32017".

Is it possible I could install the latest version (like, 4.0U or 4.1U) to overwrite the wrong IOS and give me new working IOS's? I'm planning to get a Wii sports resort to disk update my wii to 4.0U.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
heibai said:
Hey,

I just bought a 3.4U Wii with serial # LU65. I tried Twilight Hack and installed HBC, wad manager successfully. Then I tried to install the softwii 2.1.1. (Unfortunately, at that time, I was following old instructions and didn't realize softwii 2 could not be applied to the LU65+.) The preloader could not be installed. So I installed cIOScorp1.01. The installation itself was successful.

I believed the cIOScorp1.01 messed me up. It updated cIOS09?15, cIOS17, 20, 21, 22,28,30,31,33,34,35,36, cIOSbugfix37,38,53,55. It must be one or some of these updates. I thought if I have an access to the wii software, I can replace them with the correct one. However, I don't have the Homebrew channel and no bootmii...

wow. you did just about everything you could do wrong.
ciocorp v1 and v2 brick lu64+ wii's.
also updating via discs can also brick your wii.

QUOTE(heibai @ Sep 13 2009, 11:39 AM) Thanks for all the replies.

Softmii is OK. It's just my mistake.

I actually tried to run the wad manager with bannerbomb. It black screened. I'll try the Dop-IOS.

I also tried the system update. The progress bar stopped in middle and showed me "Error: 32017".

Is it possible I could install the latest version (like, 4.0U or 4.1U) to overwrite the wrong IOS and give me new working IOS's? I'm planning to get a Wii sports resort to disk update my wii to 4.0U.
wii sports comes with update 3.4

heibai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, the Dop-IOS didn't work either.

Could I know which IOSs I need to replace? And would the latest Wii system version replace them?

I think the disk-updating to 4.0 or 4.1U is my last option. After that I might need to call Nintendo. How much would they charge for the repair if they found the residue of my hack? I'm still in warranty.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Even though Wii Sports resort comes with 3.4 it should still ask for a Update and Update your Ios's, I'm not 100% sure why you can't update through the nintendo Servers?.
hmm what IOS did you install or downgrade to even be able to install Cioscorp cause it should have error'd out on install, technically what ever IOS you used to be able to install Cioscorp you should be able to Use again to restore your IOS's with Wad Manager Unless Cioscorp overwrited it? I thinking maybe you downgraded IOS16 or have a IOS249 installed is this possible.
if it is you might be able to use a wad manager designed to run off one of those IOS's and restore your Official IOS's This Might be a stupid Idea i dunno

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
heibai said:

Could I know which IOSs I need to replace? And would the latest Wii system version replace them?

I think the disk-updating to 4.0 or 4.1U is my last option. After that I might need to call Nintendo. How much would they charge for the repair if they found the residue of my hack? I'm still in warranty.
about $80
no game has the 4.0 update.
how is your wii tho? like can you access the menu?
just black screen?

heibai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

to xzxero: Thanks for your reply. My wii sports just update me back to 3.4U (which I originally own. and before that I already couldn't use HBC and I had no way to get my right IOS back). Do you think updating to 4.0U or 4.1U is also risky? And is there any existing game which could do the disk updating to 4.0U?

It looks to me SSBB is my last chance. But given the bannerbomb already failed, the chance for SSBB might be not high. How much would the Nintendo charge me if they found any hack residue? I'm still in warranty.

heibai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the funny part. I have the menu and I can update over my wireless, but an error 32017 happened during updating. According to what I found online, a lot of people suffered from that error and that is probably not due to my IOS problem. Do you think a WiFi update would worth a shot?

I can even play Wii Sports, but not wii fit nor can I open any other channel (like the mii). Possibly, the IOS Wii Sports required was intact, but some other important IOS was broken.

I still want to try the latest Wii Sports Resorts and the SSBB. After that I might go through the Nintendo service. Any other suggestion?

Thanks everyone.

heibai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the SSBB could not work.

I fixed the problem by a disk-updating from the Wii Sports Resort. My menu shows 4.1U now. Apparently it replaced all my broken IOS. Everything back to normal.

Wow, this whole brick thing really scared me. And I spent over 10h these two days on this... The 10h is worth more than 100 bucks repair fee... I guess I won't hack again unless there is really really strong reasons to do so...

I appreciate everyone's help in this post. Thank you all.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heibai said:
the SSBB could not work.

I fixed the problem by a disk-updating from the Wii Sports Resort. My menu shows 4.1U now. Apparently it replaced all my broken IOS. Everything back to normal.

Wow, this whole brick thing really scared me. And I spent over 10h these two days on this... The 10h is worth more than 100 bucks repair fee... I guess I won't hack again unless there is really really strong reasons to do so...

All you have to do is follow the most recent guides on this site and you won't run into problems like that again.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
almost the samething happened to my friend's Wii, after installing ios downloader or sometimes cios rev10, loading anything from the Homebrew channel will give a black screen
then after 1 million tries and a fresh install of a 4.1 firmware and followed the guide on the frontpage
Sticky: [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)
now he's able to use usb loaders, but no backup disc loading..at least it could still play backup games via usb

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
heibai said:
the SSBB could not work.

Cheers
glad all is Sorted for ya

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Now that I hear it fully it sounds slightly familiar