Hacking Applications Not Working

the_grape

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I've been using my homebrew for quite awhile now, and it's worked fine for me for a long time. I'm using Wii version 3.2U (the best one), and I've been able to use emulators and other apps like ocarina just fine. Recently, however, my homebrew channel refuses to run certain (by certain i mean most) apps. The only apps that still currently work are the WAD installer and IOS something-or-other, all the other apps prompt this error message:

Error

This is not a valid Wii application

This message applies to ocarina, my emulators, everything that had previously worked fine. I've tried re-installing the homebrew channel twice with no success.

Is there a way to fix this? thanks in advance.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you using old versions of the applications? Since a recent update, the HBC will refuse certain invalid old files. All new applications should come in DOL format. ELF files might be old and there's a change they will not work.

the_grape

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that very well could be the problem, the few that i checked just now were in ELF format. Now i have to find all my apps in DOL format... :/

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Most applications have updated dol files. Check out wiibrew.
For the applications without a new dol file, there's a converter application available that turn it into a dol

the_grape

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the help, i've got it all sorted out
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users