Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
itunes-2011-05-31.jpg
Had some doubts that Apple was heading skyward? Those lingering concerns can now be put to rest. Apple has confirmed that it will be announcing iCloud on June 6th, what it's calling an "upcoming cloud services offering." That will be part of the keynote for this year's Worldwide Developers Conference, known to the cool kids as WWDC. This is, of course, where everyone has come to expect new iPhones to come to light, but this year we're thinking the focus will be more on software, and indeed Apple's event notice indicates that the big highlights will be Mac OS X Lion and the next version of its mobile operating system, iOS 5. This is a decidedly non-Apple way to announce something big like iCloud, making us wonder what other surprises Steve Jobs will have for us at the event -- yes, he'll be kicking things off. As ever you can find out as it happens here, live. [/p]
icon11.gif
Source (Engadget)

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KirbyBoy said:
Didn't they just release the Iphone 4 and such?

If by "Just release" you mean almost a year ago. Then yes.

But I know they're not announcing the new iPhone at WWDC this year. They're focusing on iOS 5 and Mac OS X Lion.

I wish I could go.
frown.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
KirbyBoy said:

But I know they're not announcing the new iPhone at WWDC this year. They're focusing on iOS 5 and Mac OS X Lion.

I wish I could go.
frown.gif
It seems pretty fast to release something else after one year of release. Not that I mind, it just seems pretty quick to me.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KirbyBoy said:
iFish said:
KirbyBoy said:

I wish I could go.
frown.gif
It seems pretty fast to release something else after one year of release. Not that I mind, it just seems pretty quick to me.

Nintendo does it as well.

That's technology.
tongue.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
KirbyBoy said:
iFish said:
KirbyBoy said:

I wish I could go.
frown.gif

That's technology.
tongue.gif
Yeah, time just goes by fast I guess. For nin and apple at least.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
KirbyBoy said:
iFish said:
KirbyBoy said:

I wish I could go.
frown.gif

That's technology.
tongue.gif
Well, true and false.
Nintendo releases revisions of their current console about once every 2-3 years. Apple makes a OS every time they make a new phone, which is just about every year.

Nintendo also doesn't charge $500 for a product that's going to change in a couple of months.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
iFish said:
KirbyBoy said:
iFish said:
KirbyBoy said:

I wish I could go.
frown.gif

That's technology.
tongue.gif
Well, true and false.
Nintendo releases revisions of their current console about once every 2-3 years. Apple makes a OS every time they make a new phone, which is just about every year.

Nintendo also doesn't charge $500 for a product that's going to change in a couple of months.
The DSi to DSi XL was one year.

And most PC companies, update their models yearls too.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
iFish said:
KirbyBoy said:
iFish said:
KirbyBoy said:

I wish I could go.
frown.gif

That's technology.
tongue.gif
Well, true and false.

That's sort if why I said that was kinda fast. I'm not much of a apple fan, though I do like their products... at least when I jailbreak it that is.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
_Chaz_ said:
iFish said:
KirbyBoy said:
iFish said:
KirbyBoy said:

I wish I could go.
frown.gif

That's technology.
tongue.gif
Well, true and false.

Was it really one year? I guess that's because it was not really an update so much as it was a size increase.

Nintendo's not a PC company...

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
iFish said:
_Chaz_ said:
iFish said:
KirbyBoy said:
iFish said:
KirbyBoy said:

I wish I could go.
frown.gif

That's technology.
tongue.gif
Well, true and false.

Was it really one year? I guess that's because it was not really an update so much as it was a size increase.

Nintendo's not a PC company...

I realize that.... But I'm just comparing other companies as well, since y'know, Apple and Nintendo cannot be faily compared. And I said technology, so yeah.
tongue.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You aren't forced to buy a DSi XL though.

You are forced to buy a new rehash of the iPhone to get full compatibility with the latest apps.

Apple are pretty much digging themselves a grave.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Apple know how to make money, that's all. They know that fanboys like iFish will buy their products every year even if it is virtually the same as the previous model and is still vastly overpriced.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Pi said:
I can use iOS 4 on my 2nd gen iPod touch, so I'm sure yoy could use iOS 5 on a 4th gen device.
Yeah. iOS 4 was free to use on the 3GS.
I am not quite sure if iOS 5 is going to work on the 3GS natively. Hackers probably can make it run.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
prowler_ said:
You aren't forced to buy a DSi XL though.

You are forced to buy a new rehash of the iPhone to get full compatibility with the latest apps.

Apple are pretty much digging themselves a grave.
Naw, so long as they keep marketing themselves as "cool", the vast majority of people will want to have one.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm sure the next Apple product will definitely sell well in Singapore, no matter the price.

There's a chinese dialect and more of a Singlish term to describe many of us locals: hao lian

Meaning, 'I' feel so uncool not owning an iPhone. With an iPhone i'm superior.

Those who came to Singapore before should know how many people use the iPhone. I can say 8 out of 10 people. It's a damn popular product...
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nope. Not into gaming.