Apple seeks $707m more in damages from Samsung

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly, where do Apple get off?
Technology grows, ideas change and get old..get over it.

Samsung may have taken an idea of theirs..but in my opinion they have made it a shit load better (especially when it comes to their phones).
I can't stand how restrictive Apple make their software, and it doesn't work well with Windows software. Samsung aren't Windows, but they at least make their software work with them and not crash on load-up like I've experienced with Apple.

These big names are like Marmite, some people love it, some hate it. We should just agree to disagree right here.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So its suddenly bad to hate the bully who will pick on anyone who does things better than them....right cause thats stupidity right there. Hating a company that steals people's ideas and makes a sub par product sold at a high end price and sues anyone else who makes a better product and is able to get a better market share by actually innovating is somehow bad then those who support crApple is worse.

no it's not. but claiming "Better" "superior" etc as fact is very asinine no matter what side of the fence you are flinging poo from.
So stating facts is wrong now? Seriously the Note, Note 2, GS3 are clearly better and is easier on the wallet than the brand new "innovative" iphone 5 yet somehow thats wrong?

But you aren't stating facts? Because the gs3 costs the same as the iphone on my carrier. So how is the gs3 easier on the wallet? Plus what's the resale value of the gs3? I can trade in my old iphone 4 for 240 dollars right now if I wanted to. So how is that harder on the wallet?

and what is better about it? spec numbers? is that all you value? fine. it is better for you. not me.
Right so you can resell at a higher price and that suddenly means its automatically better?

Apple has just been playing catch up for years and haven't made a device worth its price tag since Android started getting a bigger and bigger market share. The hardware running in the new iphone is comparable to a phone released what 5 months ago with a screen Android phones had 2-4 years ago, right thats innovating and worth its extremely high price tag.

I was arguing your easier on the wallet as fact. yes a better resale value makes thing easier on the wallet. not only could i get the iphone 5 by trading in my old phone but I'd get 50 dollars for doing so and that is a fact that makes the iphone easier on my wallet. I respect whatever reason you have to thing gs3 is better for you but you dont have the same criteria as me. i happen to be respectful of our choices, but you seem to be resentful of anyone disagreeing and somehow in the end I'm just a fanboy because I happen to like apple better, but you are a reasonable consumer because you are against.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
I was arguing your easier on the wallet as fact. yes a better resale value makes thing easier on the wallet. not only could i get the iphone 5 by trading in my old phone but I'd get 50 dollars for doing so and that is a fact that makes the iphone easier on my wallet. I respect whatever reason you have to thing gs3 is better for you but you dont have the same criteria as me. i happen to be respectful of our choices, but you seem to be resentful of anyone disagreeing and somehow in the end I'm just a fanboy because I happen to like apple better, but you are a reasonable consumer because you are against.
I'm not resentful just annoyed at the actions of the company yet people still love them more even though they will continue to bully the market and try to remove the competition instead of outselling them, For my easier on the wallet is outright price since I don't buy on contract I just buy the phone and the GS3 is cheaper and the hardware is the same if not better.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Apple should be more focused on improving it's iShit rather than filing more iLawsuits against it's iCompetitors.

How long are they going to drag this out anyways?
Calling the iOS 6 maps "hopeless" is seriously darn silly. I'm not trying to protect Apple here, but Apple Maps has JUST LAUNCHED. Google Maps didn't start off so smoothly either. It's so good now because it has been out for awhile and has been improved on a lot.

I'm quite amused with some fandroids in the Internet (not aimed at anyone in this forum), in particular engaget and Macrumors. Some of them love to talk about their "new product which will definitely have some bugs" but when talking about Apple's just-released maps "IT'S A HUGE FLOP. ISHIT!"

Now, back to maps.google.com on my home screen, because seriously right now iOS 6 Maps does suck a lot.

And I quote
focused on improving it's iShit

Never said it was hopeless, just needs work. Apple should be focused on working on a better service for customers rather than litigating against it's competitors.

D

Deleted_171835

I am a connoisseur of technology. And like any connoisseur of anything I enjoy the real deal, the original product. You can stick to your forgeries if that makes you happy, it's no skin off my nose and I don't care. You probably can't afford the real thing anyway. Despite any denial you may have convinced yourself into believing in your heart you know that my experience will always be more superior, pure and enjoyable. And I don't have to live with the guilt of knowing that I am supporting theft by owning a Samsung product.

Always know this.

Always.
This is coming from the guy who brags about his Samsung Galaxy Note in IRC all the time. ;)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Apple should be more focused on improving it's iShit rather than filing more iLawsuits against it's iCompetitors.

How long are they going to drag this out anyways?
Calling the iOS 6 maps "hopeless" is seriously darn silly. I'm not trying to protect Apple here, but Apple Maps has JUST LAUNCHED. Google Maps didn't start off so smoothly either. It's so good now because it has been out for awhile and has been improved on a lot.

I'm quite amused with some fandroids in the Internet (not aimed at anyone in this forum), in particular engaget and Macrumors. Some of them love to talk about their "new product which will definitely have some bugs" but when talking about Apple's just-released maps "IT'S A HUGE FLOP. ISHIT!"

Now, back to maps.google.com on my home screen, because seriously right now iOS 6 Maps does suck a lot.

And I quote
focused on improving it's iShit

Never said it was hopeless, just needs work. Apple should be focused on working on a better service for customers rather than litigating against it's competitors.
Didn't really notice that, but you know I was also talking about the Internet as a whole.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Kies is a piece of crap. This is just a fact.

Just Another Gamer, you're getting to be a broken record. Every single Mobile Phone company is trying to pull this on each other at the moment and its getting ridiculous. Its not just Apple. You can criticise Apple about this (hell I do! A lot!) but you're taking it to unreasonable levels of Anti-Apple. We're not saying that you're wrong for disliking these Apple Lawsuits but if it has a chance of going the other way you're instantly just "FUCK APPLE!!!" Even if its a similarly vague software patent or, hell, just a copied Clock design which will be settled in all of 30 seconds. Its fine that you prefer Samsung to Apple, you just don't need to bang on about it in these threads every time.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have no words to say about Apple hate, because everyone who hates Apple must have a reason. I for one really hate their atrocious Mac prices in Singapore (The Retina Display Pro starts from $3,000). Sometimes their lawsuits can be damn unreasonable too.

However, blatantly hating everything about Apple is... just unreasonable. Apple as a manufacturer is good in some aspects as well. Their products are simply gorgeous, and sometimes you cannot deny that the hardware - software cohesion is very good.

Same goes for other companies really.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
To every Apple hater,
I own the 4S and I'm not upgrading to a 5 because to me, it isn't worth it. Rather than the large screens on newer phones, I enjoy the size of the screen on my phone. I like how the OS of the iPhone is laid out. The camera suits my needs, because I'm not trying to be a photographer. If I was, I'd buy a Nikon or a Canon. All in all, to me, the iPhone is better than any other phone. Just because I have an Apple product and think it's great does not make me an Apple fanboy. I don't camp out to get the next product and I don't upgrade just because something is new. I just happen to like the product.
-Arpee
/EndOfGettingThatOffMyMind

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I find it kinda sad. I don't have an issue with Apple products. They work well, reliable, durable, etc. What I hate it:

1) Apple themselves being such ass holes. I'd like just once to sign in to the 'temp and NOT see yet another story about how Apple are sueing someone. FFS I saw one the other week about how they're sueing a grocery store for using an apple in its logo. You wanna go to those extremes, Apple, then sue Christianity for Adam and Eve eating apples in the Garden of Eden. And since we all apparantly descended from them, everyone is liable. So sue everyone, including yourselves.

2) People who think that because they have an Apple product they're somehow better than me. People I can't even tolerate any more acting like the Big Man because they have an iPhone, an iPod, etc. It's even worse when I had my Galaxy S, which at the time was doing pretty much everything the iPhone was doing. Some things it even did better. And yet people brag about their phones like it makes them something special. Looking at it objectively, all you're really doing is bragging about going into a shop and damn near bankrupting yourself on a piece of plastic. I've saved kids from rivers. Sit down and shut up.

Reactions: 3 people

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
toyota sues ford because the new ford has bumpers and 4 wheels.
hoover sues dyson because both of their devices suck up dirt and have an on switch.

when will this end?

this is not the company woz had in mind.

-another world

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
I find it kinda sad. I don't have an issue with Apple products. They work well, reliable, durable, etc. What I hate it:

1) Apple themselves being such ass holes. I'd like just once to sign in to the 'temp and NOT see yet another story about how Apple are sueing someone. FFS I saw one the other week about how they're sueing a grocery store for using an apple in its logo. You wanna go to those extremes, Apple, then sue Christianity for Adam and Eve eating apples in the Garden of Eden. And since we all apparantly descended from them, everyone is liable. So sue everyone, including yourselves.

2) People who think that because they have an Apple product they're somehow better than me. People I can't even tolerate any more acting like the Big Man because they have an iPhone, an iPod, etc. It's even worse when I had my Galaxy S, which at the time was doing pretty much everything the iPhone was doing. Some things it even did better. And yet people brag about their phones like it makes them something special. Looking at it objectively, all you're really doing is bragging about going into a shop and damn near bankrupting yourself on a piece of plastic. I've saved kids from rivers. Sit down and shut up.
Lol, I love #1.

Also, if you were to say the ending of #2 to a fanboy it would go something like this.
You: I've saved kids from rivers. Sit down and shut up.
Fanboy: I have the latest iPhone. Go die.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem I have with Apple is that they are sueing everyone over something small, and are trying to get the entire thing removed for that. Vast majority of Samsung's product doesn't come from stealing from Apple. Just a few things. But Apple is wanting to block the entire product because of that. A respectable corporation would instead sue for that other company to correct that. They would file a law suit to get the other company either to remove that or change it so it doesn't steal. Apple wants to take everything away instead of just what's been stolen from them. In other words, Apple is trying to use the courts to get what they lost, and then use the courts to steal the rest of the profits from the other company that wasn't gained through this theft. They are trying to take it all, not just what they deserve. Ever been bullied before? They demand your lunch money? What entitles them to that? Why should they have it? If you stole from them, then yes, they'd be entitled to what you stole. But why should they be allowed to take everything from you? Why should they be entitled to keep you from doing something?

Now this analogy is obviously off, and doesn't exactly pertain to this issue. But what I'm saying is that Apple shouldn't be trying to destroy another product that uses one or two things that are very similar to them. They shouldn't be allowed to completely keep that product from being sold. They should only be allowed to stop that product until it has removed all that was stolen. Apple is no long fighting for what is rightfully theirs. They are fighting for every penny they believe should have been theirs, that they believe was stolen when the competition's product was bought instead of theirs. The way I see it, it's no longer about stolen IP. It's about Apple's ego. Not sure if this applies, but let a company win enough law suits, and their ego will swell bigger than their wallets.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
What I don't get with the Apple/Samsung debate is that it's really a matter of convergence. The technology used is the next logical step for mobile phone technology. It's only natural that more than one person would see that. It happens in nature and is called 'convergent evolution', where two species will develop a similar solution to a challenge. Apple should relish the competition and strive to do better, not whine and bitch about how they don't have a monopoly on everything until they finish sueing everyone under the sun.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
What I don't get with the Apple/Samsung debate is that it's really a matter of convergence. The technology used is the next logical step for mobile phone technology. It's only natural that more than one person would see that. It happens in nature and is called 'convergent evolution', where two species will develop a similar solution to a challenge. Apple should relish the competition and strive to do better, not whine and bitch about how they don't have a monopoly on everything until they finish sueing everyone under the sun.
Unfortunately, Apple no longer cares about competing, just money. They want every household to have every one of their products even if it means eliminating the competition.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Apple's lawsuits are damn stupid sometimes really. Slide to unlock? Curved edges? Really?

But If you think that Apple is the only one suing over product design, you are wrong.

http://www.redmondpie.com/nokia-to-reportedly-sue-htc-over-new-windows-phone-8-handset-design/

About iSheep, sometimes they are just crazy. iPhone >>>>>>>> Shamsung Galaxy and can really talk BIG. However based on what I see on the web, there are a lot more fandroids than iSheep, who blatantly condemn iPhone USERS, the products and the company. The only exception is Macrumors, but other than that... It's like Sony VS Nintendo back then, just worse.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately, Apple no longer cares about competing, just money. They want every household to have every one of their products even if it means eliminating the competition.

That attitude is against nature itself, denying the concept of natural competition and even honest to god survival of the fittest since it's no longer a matter of the possibility of something being better than an Apple product since nobody dares try for fear of being sued. Ironic from a company called Apple that they should so openly flout the laws of nature. As a result they can have my money when they pry it from my cold dead fingers, not before. I like the products but I'm really starting to hate the company. And since it's the company that gets the money, not the products, I don't see why I should spend a fortune supporting this sort of lunacy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (cocks 12 gauge with virginity-maintaining intent)