Apple going after Galaxy S III

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So it appears as if Apple is going after another 4 Samsung devices including the Galaxy S III

Apple has asked a federal court in a separate case to find that four additional Samsung products, including the Galaxy S III, violate the tech giant's patents.​

And heres a list of what else there going after

The products Apple wants out are all smartphones: Galaxy S 4G, Galaxy S2 AT&T, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S2 T-Mobile, Galaxy S2 Epic 4G, Galaxy S Showcase, Droid Charge and Galaxy Prevail.​

Let the hearing commence on the 20th September, and if you've been putting off getting a Galaxy S III you might want to hurry up and get one soon

SOURCE

Reactions: 1 person

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As if Apple didn't get enough money from the last case.

Apple doesn't have the money yet, and likely wont (at least not in full). There are many legal action Samsung is sure to take after that judgement. After asking for the judgement to be dismissed (I guess its possible that it could), they'll go into the appeal process. The ending to the last case will probably not be realized for months, and likely will just end in a settlement.

As for the 30 trucks of nickels thing, that was just a piece of satire.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fuck that shit, they better not win this time. I've been really meaning to get a Galaxy SIII or Sii.

I'm seriously going to be pissed if this happens. What are they going after them this time for?

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They're just angry from the last case

Apparently Samsung paid Apple the one billion by sending them 30 trucks full of 5 cent coins
Although the story was a fake it would be, wait for it.......... Legendary if Samsung did do something similar to this, they would earn alot of respect while really pissing Apple off, and nobody could do anything about it as they would of filled their legal requirement. The Ultimate practical joke

Reactions: 1 person

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is hardly something to worry about. The action isn't even scheduled for trial until March 2014. The issues will be resolved, changed, or not even matter since the GSIII will be extremely outdated by then.

Good read on why this isn't really a big deal compared to the events of the past few weeks.

http://www.androidpo...that-important/

I really don't call a few months extremely outdated. Years? Sure, but not months.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is hardly something to worry about. The action isn't even scheduled for trial until March 2014. The issues will be resolved, changed, or not even matter since the GSIII will be extremely outdated by then.

Good read on why this isn't really a big deal compared to the events of the past few weeks.

I really don't call a few months extremely outdated. Years? Sure, but not months.

Samsung has already announced the Galaxy Note II for fuck sake. Galaxy SIII will be small potatoes by then. Not to mention that Samsung can remove most of what Apple is pissed about through software updates.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Samsung has already announced the Galaxy Note II for fuck sake. Galaxy SIII will be small potatoes by then. Not to mention that Samsung can remove most of what Apple is pissed about through software updates.

So, that doesn't mean it will be outdated lol. That's like saying the regular 3DS is outdated because the XL came out. It's just a different product for people who want a different product.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Apparently Apple really doesn't want Samsung to carry on making their A5 processors. At this point, I would just stop the production lines the moment Samsung reaches the contracted minimum - this is getting ridiculous.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So, that doesn't mean it will be outdated lol. That's like saying the regular 3DS is outdated because the XL came out. It's just a different product for people who want a different product.

Comparing an Android OEM to Nintendo is a bit of a stretch. ;) My point isn't that you shouldn't get a GSIII because it will be 'outdated'. Just saying by the time this possibly goes to trial, that the GSIII won't be the big contender that it currently is on Samsung's road map.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I don't get the massive fuss because both crapple and shamsung have absurd company infrastructures.
SEE BELOW

This is just absurd I agree, but Shamsung suing Crapple for 4G LTE on the iPhat 5 is just as ridiculous.

I would call Samsung smart if they don't retaliate. They could just ignore the jury (and not pay), but they should not fight back like this. They are just ruining their own image, just like how Apple is doing to themselves right now.

Speaking of these, I wouldn't judge an overall product based on company hate. A LOT of websites I've been to state "I hate iPhone because Apple is an arrogant piece of crap."

That may be true, but (even if the iPhone is inferior to other Android superphones) it's still at the very least, a decent phone which is quite easy to use.

Not trying to fend Apple btw. Most times I do hate their arrogance and atrocious patents.

EDIT:
Just checked some news pages.

Seriously, Galaxy Note too?

I can see Apple being the next Nokia. I hope they wake up sooner than they know it.
AND COME UP WITH PRODUCTS THAT AT LEAST MATCH MARKET STANDARDS. /fanboy

But on a serious note, I do hope that Apple realizes that this is a wrong path.

EDIT AGAIN:
Just read about Apple threatening smartphone sellers.
If all this is true, Apple is really being a massive bully.

The main reason why I think Samsung is rising to become a massive threat is NOT because Apple products are not good enough/inferior, but rather it's Samsung producing a lot of phones to cater "mass market".

Apple suing Samsung like this isn't right at all. Perhaps they should come out with more iPad minis of their own.
Even if Samsung DID copy IP, Apple should just keep the money and STFU instead of blocks.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Samsung did used to copy large swathes of design from Apple. Not being any kind of lawyer or accountant I have no idea if it's $1 billion in dollars worth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: