Apple gets sued for $1M over squeaky-clean doors

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
An 83-year-old was intimidated enough by Apple's technology to return an iPhone, but it was their newfangled glass doors that floored her, for real. Evelyn Paswall is suing Apple for $1 million after she smashed her face walking into the miraculously smear-and-smudge-free door at its Manhasset, Long Island store. "Apple wants to be cool and modern and have the type of architecture that would appeal to the tech crowd," Paswall's attorney told the New York Post. "But they have to appreciate the danger that this ... poses to some people."​

Source:MSNBC
http://now.msn.com/m...or-lawsuit.aspx

Wow.........

Reactions: 1 person

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's definitely not Apple's fault that this woman has the eyes of a bird. Also, I really don't remember that store having a door like that at all? IIRC it's in a mall and just has a doorway, but no door.

Reactions: 8 people

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Considering legal fees, Apple will probably just settle out of court for far less ($1m is pennies to them anyways), if the case doesn't get dismissed.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Stupid bitch should of looked where she was going.

Reactions: 10 people

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
Did the store get a security camera video of this and/or is there any video of this taking place? I would LOVE to see this happening for a good laugh to cheer me up.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think she totally has a case seriously
apple5thaveam.jpg

dangerous
photo4.jpg

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While she IS old as hell and it actually isn't her fault, it certainly isn't apples fault either.
She proves she's stupid by suing apple though. What a joke. Apple isn't going to care if some frail old lady is suing them, they're gonna crush the fuck out of her.

Reactions: 1 person

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think she has a case. If people can sue stores for having wet floors, why not this?
It's definitely not Apple's fault that this woman has the eyes of a bird. Also, I really don't remember that store having a door like that at all? IIRC it's in a mall and just has a doorway, but no door.

You guys are retarded. Yes, it's not their fault that she didn't see the door. But it is their fault that they don't have signs or anything on their front door other than a stupid apple sticker.

Reactions: 4 people

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country
I think she has a case. If people can sue stores for having wet floors, why not this?

You guys are retarded. Yes, it's not their fault that she didn't see the door. But it is their fault that they don't have signs or anything on their front door other than a stupid apple sticker.

Yes doors with magical floating apple stickers. I'm sure the door would of had handles unless they were magical floating handles.

edit:
Apple-Store-Manhasset.jpg

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Yes doors with magical floating apple stickers. I'm sure the door would of had handles unless they were magical floating handles.

Can't. Comprehend. Level of retardness. Brain. Overloading. Too much. stupidity coming from you.

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country

Can't. Comprehend. Level of retardness. Brain. Overloading. Too much. stupidity coming from you.

Check the post again.

edit: Full sentences too hard for you to string together?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, it's not that hard to miss glass doors. If the reflection of the background doesn't help, the glare from the windows don't help then the door handles probably would.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seriously, it's not that hard to miss glass doors. If the reflection of the background doesn't help, the glare from the windows don't help then the door handles probably would.

Maybe you should accept the fact that not everybody has 20/20 vision and are able to miss easy things. Like me, I'm 23 years old, when I go to work, I'll miss counting a cow every now and then. How can I miss a 2000 pound cow that has spots all over itself like it's dalmation? Because it's a simple mistake that the human eyes/brain didn't pick up and register it for you.

Reactions: 3 people

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country

Exactly.
As far as this case goes...

*Puts on sunglasses*

The outcome is clear...

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!
People like her are such a pane

-.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.