Apple gains a new patent.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if Anascape Ltd. will try any legal actions against Apple, or maybe they just like to sue Nintendo(and Microsoft the one time)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That controller looks insanely uncomfortable.
This was my first thought as well (okay: second...right after "that's a playstation controller!"). Where do they expect to keep your iPhone while you're using it? On your lap?

Surely it wouldn't take a marketing genius to realise the controller will need to be something you can plug around your iPhone.

Or are they afraid they will get sued for it resembling too much like a dreamcast controller AND a wiiU controller? ;)

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is perfect, now I can spend hundreds of dollars on a shitty product to play emulators with a controller on a miniscule screen.

Time to throw out my PSP.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@People who keep saying it is a Sony controller.
I don't think Apple is making a controller, it's just a way for a controller to connect to their device, Hence they have just used the ps3 controller as a layout to show the concept of their idea.
If I understand correctly, it is pretty much this.

I didn't think I'm going to game seriously enough on a phone to even worry about a controller for it.

Reactions: 1 person

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
What are you all on about, this has nothing to do with a dualshock shaped controller. If anyone had bothered to read the patent they would see that it's for NFC pairing of devices and "controllers". Controllers can be a remote control, a game pad or an iphone.

Sony should sue them?? What the HELL are you talking about?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol