Xoo00o0o0o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.redmondpie.com/apple-applies-fo...orized-iphones/

QUOTE said:
The patent, titled "Systems and Methods for Identifying Unauthorized Users of an Electronic Device," describes several ways a device could sense who is using an iPhone or iPad. Among the methods considered are voice print analysis, photo analysis, heartbeat analysis (!), hacking attempts, or even "noting particular activities that can indicate suspicious behavior."

The device could automatically snap pictures of the unauthorized user and record the GPS coordinates of the device, as well as log keystrokes, phone calls, or other activity.

Once an unauthorized user is detected, the device can then automatically disable certain features or send notifications to Twitter or other services

QUOTEEven though the patent description doesn’t mention jailbreaking specifically (probably because it is legal now?), but as Slashdot notes, jailbreakers might fall into “hacking attempts”

I just hope apple won't get this!

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh, even if they do get this accepted, all we need to do is apply a few patches and block them out
biggrin.gif

(I realise its not that simple, but thats just a basic description xD)

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh. They made jailbreaking legal. I highly doubt they'll let Apple pull this. And if they do, then it's still a win, because then the iPhone/Pod'll dropp quite a bit, and people will realize that there IS better phones/media players then it.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Apple is just saying 'We're getting to the core of our users, rooting out the worms who are eating the profit from us'

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jailbreaking may be legal but it still violates their EULA. They're going to fight it.
But breaking basic human rights to do that is a no no, not when jailbreaking is lawful.
Why the fuck do you think the police have to get WARRANTS?

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Well one thing is for sure, even though this might not come to Sweden, i wont keep buying iPhones..

If Apple gets this approved, im switching over to something else.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Jailbreaking may be legal but it still violates their EULA. They're going to fight it.
But breaking basic human rights to do that is a no no, not when jailbreaking is lawful.
Then the EULA is unenforceable and possibly illegal (?). Its like the Driving Theory practice stuff I had said I wasn't allowed to pass or sell it on. F- You, you can't tell me I can't do that!
Imo this is not about jailbreaking but about a service to help find stolen iPhones. Its still highly dubious and unlikely to be deemed legal.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
RupeeClock said:
Then the EULA is unenforceable and possibly illegal (?). Its like the Driving Theory practice stuff I had said I wasn't allowed to pass or sell it on. F- You, you can't tell me I can't do that!
Imo this is not about jailbreaking but about a service to help find stolen iPhones. Its still highly dubious and unlikely to be deemed legal.

you can put whatever you want in a EULA, its up to the user if he/she agrees to it. its a contract, you can't do shit if you've agreed to it.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Oh really? What if I make a 10 page EULA and stick in the middle "By signing this document you agree to allow Apple to murder your families."

And so that's that? The user can't do anything about it? Yeah right. The EULA is overridden by law when they conflict. Duh.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Midna said:
Oh really? What if I make a 10 page EULA and stick in the middle "By signing this document you agree to allow Apple to murder your families."

And so that's that? The user can't do anything about it? Yeah right. The EULA is overridden by law when they conflict. Duh.

uhh only because of how the system works, depending on what the agreement was on, one could fight how silly the whole thing is. but a contract is a contract, remember that whole gamestation stealing peoples souls? they were actually liable to do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte