Appealing bans, while being banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
SO NOW THAT I AM UNBANNED, there is a small suggestion I would like to make.

The other day, I made a post that got me banned for three days. No biggie. Thing is, I found it to be a completely unfair ban because it was an honest mistake, and was not something on purpose. I wanted to try appealing it, but, being banned from the forums, I had absolutely no way to contact any staff member on the forum about it. So, being unfairly banned because of an honest mistake, I had to wait three days just so I can talk it over and get my warning percentage removed with someone that can handle this. And no, I tried the email to the admin link that was available and never got a response.

What my suggestion is, is that if you're banned, you can have a link that you can discuss with someone the ban you got, and if circumstances are fair, have the ban reversed.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
You were banned for 3 days and its over now. Let it go.

Alternatively, permabans can be appealed at the IRC...IIRC. :unsure:
But I still walk away with a 10% warning level. That I shouldn't have because of the fact it was an honest mistake.

I do read forum rules and I do abide by them. I don't do stupid things like link to roms or whatever.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You were banned for 3 days and its over now. Let it go.

Alternatively, permabans can be appealed at the IRC...IIRC. :unsure:
But I still walk away with a 10% warning level. That I shouldn't have because of the fact it was an honest mistake.

I do read forum rules and I do abide by them. I don't do stupid things like link to roms or whatever.

All actions, moderation and administration of GBAtemp are decided by the staff only and are not open to debate

D'know, you could try pm'ing a global mod.

Reactions: 2 people

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
All actions, moderation and administration of GBAtemp are decided by the staff only and are not open to debate

D'know, you could try pm'ing a global mod.
I'm not debating it in the open, I'm stating what happened, but I will now be taking it to a Global Mod. But it'd be nice if there was some kind of system to message someone even if you're in the middle of a ban.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Just jump onto IRC if you want to talk to a mod, I am usually online as is Costello, TwinRetro, Fix94 and a few others.

http://gbatemp.net/d62-gbatemp-chatroom

Reactions: 3 people

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
there is a contact link on the homepage, you dont need to be logged in or to have an account to use it.
Yeah. I tried that, but never got a response.

Edit: Actually, I'll take this part with a Global Mod too. No point in naming this mod because bad things may happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse